Engines:
6.1L V8
Power: 432 hp
Torque: 420 lb-ft.
Weight: 2205 kg
Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door SUV
Additional Info: "A road test conducted by Road & Track yielded a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds and a quarter mile of 13.2 seconds at 104.1 miles per hour (167.5 km/h). Such numbers made the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee the fastest accelerating vehicle within the SRT8 lineup, second only to the Dodge Viper SRT10 among all SRT vehicles. There is no electronic speed governor employed, leaving the top speed rev-limited (revving to redline in top gear) to 170 mph (270 km/h). It also has a 60-0 mph braking distance of approximately 125 feet"​
2010_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt8_1_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

154-1008-01-o+154-1008-2010-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8-last-hurrah+front-passenger-view.jpg

082_IMG00074-20100801-2001.jpg

jeep-srt8-13.jpg

7a9bcbfbe83d12f531f62acfb9a858c8x.jpg

They're powerful SUVs, yes. But not really a vision of coolness. Especially if decked out with those so-called "DUB style" visual modifications. I admire the high power, and the madness, but it'll take some convincing to tell your friends that you are not a rich git that hates lower class people. And Greenpeace will despise you, which won't help...

Uncool, I'm afraid.

My parents have one of these and when dad used to do drag racing, they'd tow the car to the strip with this and enter both in competition. Standing in the crowd and hearing the stunned comments of people who just watched a woman driving an SUV murder pretty much everything it competed against was massively entertaining.

I honestly think that to the untrained eye, this is just another big SUV. While that certainly doesn't make it cool, the sleeper factor, 4WD system and noise make it very cool to me. Even if it is a bit silly, pointless and flashy.

A redline limited top end of 170? I thought it could only reach a drag limited top end of 155 mph. Huh. Either one is pretty good for an SUV.

It's a fast SUV, meaning that it is utterly, totally and completely pointless. I mean, how much power do you need to crawl forwards on McD's drive in lane? Not much. Thus, seriously uncool.

An SUV that can run 10s is ridiculous. It's also super cool in my book

You really have to see one of these in person and how there's always a bunch of people impressed by how that brick managed to get across the 1/4 so fast. It can also haul your kids around and tow your racecar, so there's that for practicality.

Would consider one if I won the lottery. MAAAAN!

But by Crom, 'tis incredibly uncool.

I'm assuming its off-road chops are nigh-on non-existent? Uncool from me, would be seriously so if it wasn't for it being (slightly surreally) fast. I'm yet to see any argument for these kind of vehicles other than in pandering to paranoid types, who labour under the misconception that the size and "rugged" styling renders their families safer from gun-toting maniacs or the impending zombie apocalypse.

Is this fast SUV=sub zero thing limited to the Jeep or are Mercedes Benz AMG SUVs, BMW X5 M and Range Rover Supercharged and other fast SUVs also sub zero to you?

It applies to pretty much all of them.

Low meh.

Just sort of a regular everyday car. Nothing special but nothing too horrid either.

Last edited:
Why do cars like this exist and what kind of idiots buy them?

If you want to go fast, buy a sports car.
That's like asking, why we have cameras and internet available in mobile phones. You can take a picture with a real camera, call and send texts with an older mobile phone and go to internet on a computer, but people still buy devices that do all badly instead of three rather expensive devices separately.

Back