• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2006-2010 Koenigsegg CCX nominated by MoLiEG

koenigsegg-ccx-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2006-2010
Style: 2-door targa convertible
Engine: 287 ci/4,700 cc twin-supercharged DOHC V8 (rated 795 HP & 679 lb-ft)
Transmission: Cima 6-speed manual, 6-speed automated manual
Layout: Mid-engine, rear-drive​

My take? Sub zero.

Cool, the only thing keeping it from S-Z is the fact most people would give you an odd look when you told them it was a Koenigsegg.

Sub-Zero, but I get the feeling that it doesn't have enough power...

Cool. Built in former military fighter jet base, used the runways for testing and it will kill you if you don't know what you're doing, and is available with manual and sans roof.

Well, I finally decided to start voting on the Cool Wall. The Koenigsegg CCX is a great foil to that Veyron, with relatively light weight, massive power, cool doors, and reputation for snapping at and trying to buckaroo THE STIG. This car does NOT suffer fools at all, it does not bow down to anyone. It's got balls bigger than my head.

My vote is Sub-Zero.

Yes because door mechanisms designed by MC Escher make you look cool not the opposite. Come on guys.

The supercar for hipsters: "Oh, I drive a Koenigsegg. You've probably never heard of them." That being said, those doors make up for it. Sub-Zero.

Supercar. Seriously Uncool.

But... not a Ferrari... so merely uncool.

And it doesn't look like a kit car built in a garage (Gumpert Apollo), so just meh.

And it is actually built for driving fast and driving hard, and comes packed with high technology... cool.

And then there are those dihedral syncrho... dihedrawhatsis... dilamborghinensis... cool rotating doors that are totally brilliant and totally stupid at the same time... subzero.

But it's still an incredibly, stupidly expensive supercar... seriously uncool.

But then, it's not a Lamborghini... so...

Voted cool. Barely. Because it's Swedish.

Sub-Zero.

What I like most about Koenigseggs is that their engines can be easily tuned to run on ethanol, so you don't need to worry about either peak oil or the inevitable point when there's no point in extracting oil any more.

Swedish absurdity built to go fast, sound good, drink alcohol and doesn't afraid of anything.

Definitely not Sub-zero, as it makes it difficult for you to spell out its name (specially after drinking alcohol). But still cool.

Cool, just because the doors are called dihedral synchro-helix actuation doors, which sound like they're from the future.

Usually a hypercar is uncool.

But this one has so much amazing ingenuity in it, I think it's incredible. The doors, the power, the design, all of it is genius.

Add to the fact that it's from Sweden and you have a rare sub zero hypercar.

That much power from a V8 is stunning (okay, maybe two superchargers are there, but still...). The tech and design behind this car is amazing too. You could watch /Drive's Inside Koenigsegg series and be in awe on what they're developing inside their facility. This car pretty much filled their criterion of their future car technologies. But since so little people will be able to even touch one and that mass production of hyper cars won't be realized anytime soon simply due to costs, subzero status is knocked to cool for me.

There is absolutely no possible way that this car could be anything less than sub zero. Because Swedish mid-engined TVR that wipes it's 🤬 with Bugattis. Oh, and I failed to mention, it's also from the future.

Last edited:
I don't buy into the "hypercar = automatic [seriously] uncool" crap, and I love Koenigsegg's, so this get's a SZ from me.

There is absolutely no possible way that this car could be anything less than sub zero. Because Swedish mid-engined TVR that wipes it's 🤬 with Bugattis. Oh, and I failed to mention, it's also from the future.

You should try a different text color... Just sayin'. :lol:

How does the name subtract from the coolness of it? :odd:

Well, for starters the make is a name that would just get strange looks upon hearing the name(see below), than you add alphabet soup for the model and it detracts from it's coolness.

Because apparently literacy isn't cool.

It has more to do with the fact it's a name that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Back