• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2006-2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 nominated by JMoney689

white-lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-doors-open.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2006-2010
Style: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 396 ci/6,496 naturally aspirated DOHC V12 (rated 631 HP & 487 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, eGear 6-speed semi-automatic
Layout: Mid-engine, All-wheel-drive
Related: Lamborghini Murcielago, Lamborghini Murcielago LP580, Lamborghini Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster, Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV​

My take? Pretty cool. Not quite as cool as the Diablo, but still very cool.

I've never really been a fan of the Murciélago. As a conspicuously expensive flagship Italian supercar with a body that awkwardly straddles a line between brash and bland, I'm tempted to vote uncool...but it did give birth to the Reventón, which kicked off Lamborghini's running string of gloriously absurd, unabashedly juvenile stealth-fighter-styled cars. So I'll bump it up to a Meh, as I'm too conflicted on it to vote anything else.

Are you kidding me? It's a big Lamborghini with a big V12 and upward-opening doors! It goes fast and sounds really cool! It's cool!

You can't outrun bland. The Murcielago just wasn't as "look at me" as the Diablo... and was a far cry from the Countach.

And that's ignoring that it's one of those supercars more often seen around restaurant strips than drag strips.

Being a modern, high-dollar supercar driven by footballers and basketball players is already bad enough. Being one without much in terms of pizzazz and styling (I seriously think the Gallardo looks better) is worse.

Seriously Uncool.

Obvious bias aside, the SuperVeloce is Sub-Zero, but the standard LP640 is a low cool, bordering on Meh.

Reasons why it is such are that it's Cool because it sounds absolutely intense and it's a Lambo that is actually a usable vehicle, but it loses points also because of that last reason: it's not crazy enough compared to previous Lambos.

However I love the standard LP640 too, hence the obvious handle bias. Including that within would put the LP640 in Sub-Zero and the SuperVeloce straight in the Ice Box.

Sub-zero. I love all Murcielagos and pretty much all V12 Lamborghinis...wait, pretty much all Lamborghinis actually. Always loved the styling of the Murci (early models in Verde Ithaca being perhaps my favourite). I see where some people are coming from with the MTV Cribs thing but I vote on these threads purely subjectively (as I believe was usually the case on Top Gear, which like it or not is what inspired the Cool Wall threads here)

Last edited:
Just to be perfectly clear, there was nothing objective whatsoever about the original Top Gear Cool Wall selection process. The hosts would argue about it, and whoever screamed loudest won. :D

Cool, but not much.

I saw a black one a couple weeks ago...they look kind of funny in person, like a futuristic stapler or maybe even a doorstop. But V12s are cool. Mid engined cars are cool. Coupling that with four wheel drive is cool. And, yes, even scissor doors are cool when they come on the car from the factory. Too many people are worried about some remote chance of being 'offensive' with their car somehow or who else has one...screw that. Cool is cool, and you can't please everyone. My only complaint about this car is the styling, which is enough to knock it out of sub zero down to the lower levels of cool.

It doesn't hold a candle to those that came before-the Miura, the Countach, and the Diablo among others, but this car...is cool.

The convertible, on the other hand, restored a lot of the wildness that the regular car completely lacked. So that would get a solid cool, especially because Batman.

A solid cool. The standard Murcielago was not as aggressive in the looks department but the LP640 update helped restore that. Couple that to a biblical sound and huge speed and you have an awesome car.

Love it. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! :drool:

Until the arrival of the Aventador, this was my favourite Lamborghini... The 1st time I saw one I was shocked... Power, speed, beauty, a catchy name... I mean, it's flawless... For me, it has all the ingredients for a perfect Subzero... :)👍

Like the standard Mercy, it sounds an absolute treat. But to me it's never been more than the default supercar for those who just want something with plenty of grunt and a bull on the badge. Doesn't help that the biggest tool I've seen to date stepped out of the drivers seat of one Merci I saw recently.

And considering it's a Lambo (it goes for the LP640 as well, but not so much the roadster and SV), I've always thought they were unreservedly bland compared to other offerings over the years. Uncool bordering on 'meh'.

Last edited:
Pretty boring considering what Lamborghini can do. If I saw one in the wild on the road I'd be like :drool:, but that's the only time. Meh.

Modern supercar that is usually purchased more for the badge and attention than anything else, so that's seriously uncool. However, at least it's the big flagship rather than the baby Gallardo, so that brings it to uncool.

Please tell me you see the irony in voting on one of the most subjective things in the world using supposedly objective criteria...

Whups, I was tired and meant purely subjectively. My post makes a whole lot more sense then :)

As Tornado said, its the Camry of the super car world. Uncool.

Back