Jahgee1124
2006-2011 Honda Civic Si nominated by @Kent
hondamugencivic-jpg.170970

Bodies: 2-door Coupe & 4-door Sedan
Engine: 2.0L I4
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive
Power Output: 197 HP (192 HP in Brazil)

Would have gone Sub Zero because driving in one of these stock is cool, but FWD knocks off that point so it's only a Cool for me.

A positive of running the Cool Wall is that I can give my honest opinion on a car without being swayed by everyone's opinion, since I vote on a thread as soon as it's opened. I suggest to everyone try and read only the OP before voting, to get your true reaction.

I voted SU because of the FWD and Vtec. And the fact that it rolls off the lot looking very ricer'd.

How long will it be until the first "seriously uncool because Civic" post?

Also, the car pictured in the OP is the Mugen Si, which was a limited edition model of 1000 units. The regular sedan looks much more sedate (see below), and I don't see how that looks "ricer'd" (whatever that is supposed to mean).

600-civic.jpg

I voted uncool because both the coupe and sedan Si look too dull to really be interesting, but I would own one.

Last edited:
Low Cool. This isn't a all-consuming road demon or a point-A-to-B car either. Negative connotation that goes with these (and also nearly all Civics) because of the 'ricer' crowd... well, we all know how that goes.

Sedan version is rather interesting, since you can have your sports car and a family too (or, if you have just one kid... get a McLaren F1)

Cool. My brother owned one and it's a good car. Has just enough go fast to be fun too. The fact of it being front wheel drive hasn't really hurt it at all.

The Civic Si has a fantastic, as in, an absolutely fantastic motor. The K20 is the pinnacle of evolution of Honda's naturally aspirated powerplants, with impressive head flow, perfectly designed intake runners and exhaust, and an appetite for high revs and lots of power.

You can do a lot with a K20... lower horsepower versions will take a hell of a lot of turbocharging for a motor that was never built to be turbocharged. You can turn the high-horse version into a screaming monster of a track motor.

And it's in a chassis that was probably the best Civic chassis ever built. Sure, it had no double-wishbone suspension up front, but it was an incredibly rigid chassis with good suspension geometry. I've seen these things kick Subaru arse on the track with the right power modifications.

-

And anyone saying "Sucks because FWD" has never driven a proper FWD car in anger down a choice piece of road... the tail hanging out at every bend as you power your way out of the slide... :D

-

Still... that has absolutely nothing at all to do with coolness. The Civic Si is just an ordinary looking four door sedan. Meh.

I voted SU because of the FWD and Vtec. And the fact that it rolls off the lot looking very ricer'd.
1. Because FWD? I don't understand why people think all FWD cars are so uncool.
2. VTEC? It's just Honda's version of VVT that they call VTEC.
3. That picture in the OP is a Mugen-tuned version (which looks a bit more ricey), so I think the picture should be changed.

The stock ones, although they don't look like a rice car, they're still bland, just like all other civics. Still seriously uncool.

1. Because FWD? I don't understand why people think all FWD cars are so uncool.
2. VTEC? It's just Honda's version of VVT that they call VTEC.
3. That picture in the OP is a Mugen-tuned version (which looks a bit more ricey), so I think the picture should be changed.
It's not only the fact that it's Vtec and fwd. No matter what they do to it, it will still be a civic, and civics are not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are Civics so inherently uncool? I've never understood it, or is it purely because of "ricers"?
Mostly because they look dull, are family haulers, and, yes, ricers.

And come on! 2.0 Liters? That's what my soda bottle under the cabinet has!

It's an extremely bland car by itself. Opposite in every way from the European equivalent, yet ironically also completely opposite from the one that preceded it. And a bland car that, because of the inherent design hard points, doesn't take well at all to changes to make it more "exciting" looking (and the Coupe looks incredibly awkward to boot). So you've got the top of the line racy Civic that looks almost identical to the Civic "I'll Just Sit in the Fast Lane Despite Going Only 50" Hybrid.

And it's a Civic, though thankfully at least not an EK or EG Civic, so it scrapes an uncool.

And anyone saying "Sucks because FWD" has never driven a proper FWD car in anger down a choice piece of road... the tail hanging out at every bend as you power your way out of the slide... :D

From what I understand the Si is the Type-R for America, but the Si is the luxery version of the Type-R which "doesn't exist" in America. I can't decide on this one...

Mostly because they look dull, are family haulers, and, yes, ricers.

And come on! 2.0 Liters? That's what my soda bottle under the cabinet has!
2.0L is a good amount for this type of car. Do you want them to throw in an unnecessary 3.0 V6?

Latest Posts

Back