GTP Cool Wall: 2007-2008 Acura TL Type-S

2007-2008 Acura TL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The TL is on an up-sized US Accord platform," which is close enough.

Besides, there are two TLs at my college, both are lowered and both look amazing. They parked beside each other today...

Once again you've been bested and instead of saying "oh I see" and learn something you want to split hairs to win an argument about a boring car...

Last edited:
Uncool, just really uncool. Not only because of what other people said about it already, it's the drivers. For me, the Honda drivers I deal with are what Top Gear describes of Audi drivers now.

They'll tailgate, swerve through lanes without even using their indicators, cut people off, and etc.
Of course, I don't think that all Honda drivers are like that, but that's normally the kind of Honda drivers I deal with on the road.

I think it's pretty cool. Don't recall ever seeing one but it's quite an unassuming car. Pretty sporty (and with well over 200hp I'm sure it doesn't lack speed). Maybe it's just due to the fact that these aren't common here at all, but I think it's a cool car.

I just traded in a 2007 Acura TL Type S for my current avatar, a 2012 Corvette. The Corvette rides a little better than the type S did. The Type S has a really firm suspension setup and the specs have it at .93 on the skid pad which is .01 better than the GM factory rates the base model Corvette at.

The 0-60 on the Type S was near 5.5 seconds, the Corvette at a little over 4 seconds. The Type S is a sleeper car. Nobody really knows that it's better than the average super car was in the 70's through 80's.

I just traded in a 2007 Acura TL Type S for my current avatar, a 2012 Corvette. The Corvette rides a little better than the type S did. The Type S has a really firm suspension setup and the specs have it at .93 on the skid pad which is .01 better than the GM factory rates the base model Corvette at.

The 0-60 on the Type S was near 5.5 seconds, the Corvette at a little over 4 seconds. The Type S is a sleeper car. Nobody really knows that it's better than the average super car was in the 70's through 80's.

Welcome to the Cool Wall. Every spec you just posted is completely meaningless.

"The TL is on an up-sized US Accord platform," which is close enough.

Aside from the US Accord being in a size bracket up from the mid-size Accord Euro, sure.

The Accord Euro is smaller than the US Accord in the wheelbase, length, width and height. So essentially every measurement.

I actually think the TSX of the same gen was closer to a 4 door RSX.

LOL I confused this car with the TSX. Reading fail on my part.

Yes, RSX and TSX both used the K series 4 cylinder. The TL was a fair bit larger with a V6 as the standard engine. I've heard the TSX was an overall better balanced car than the TL but some felt it could've used a little more power, it had a 205 hp K-24.

Back