New York
Jahgee1124
2007+ Jaguar XK/XKR nominated by @GT HP Nut
Jaguar_XKR_--_04-08-2011.jpg

Engines:
XK: 5.0L V8; XK: 5.0L Supercharged V8
Power: XK: 380 hp; XKR: 503 hp
Torque: XK: 380 lb-ft.; XKR: 461 lb-ft.
Weight: XK Coupe: 1660 kg; XK Convertible: 1696 kg; XKR Coupe: 1753 kg; XKR Convertible: 1800 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible​

Compared to the newer F-Type, the XK and XKR look really old-fashioned. Not that there was anything wrong with the way it looked, went and sounded. Still a very cool, classy GT.

I have a feeling that this is one of those cars that will stand the test of time. In a quarter of a century or so people will be far more inclined to look back at this and think "that was a cool car" than, say, the F-Type.

For me this car has very much a golf image, and that is one of the most uncool things in my opinion.

I have a feeling that this is one of those cars that will stand the test of time. In a quarter of a century or so people will be far more inclined to look back at this and think "that was a cool car" than, say, the F-Type.

And even more inclined to look back on the XK8/R. Which I see as a great example of a Jag ageing more gracefully than its replacement.

That's not to say the XK is bad to look at. It just lacks the level of captivating beauty and charm of its older namesake. Though subtle changes made to the post-facelift XK do a lot to bring a fast-ageing design up-to-date and will most likely stand the test of time better than pre-2011 models.

Only those later models do enough to push it up to Cool.

It's a classy GT car that looks nice but, I don't like them as much as I used to, they've become, dare I say nearly boring to look at over the years for me but it still gets a low cool from me.

I'd rather an XK8.

This car does nothing for me. I will never vote meh on a car, in keeping with the original cool wall, so I abstain.

Not to say it is a bad car, not at all. It's just not the most exciting to me personally. And by association, it has the "Jaaaaag" meme all over it which I hate.

Cool from me.

My neighbour has one of these, a 2007 XKR, with a Milltek sports exhaust. The sound...:drool:

I've always quite liked them, but as Clark pointed out, it's very golf club. So meh.

A low Sub Zero from me. Just enough flair to let people know it's special, but not so much that they don't see it as a pretty, fast car, rather than something more vulgar. It's the kind of car people want to be seen getting out of.

To my eyes, a gorgeous car. And the first Jag to turn away from the late-90s/early-00s styling that I could just never get behind. This car is when I started to really like Jags again. Very cool.

Last edited:
To my eyes, a gorgeous car. And the first car to turn away from the late-90s/early-00s styling that I could just never get behind. This car is when I started to really like Jags again. Very cool.
You mean the DB9 wasn't?

Last edited:
You mean the DB9 it pretty much copied wasn't?

Not sure which part you're referring to. Do I mean that the DB9 wasn't gorgeous? Of course not, Astons are almost unfailingly beautiful cars. I'd take one over the Jag, which is why I didn't go SZ.

Or are you asking about the "turn away from late-90s/early-00s styling" part? If so, I meant that specifically about Jaguar's styling during that time, not the car industry as a whole, so the Aston wouldn't be relevant to that part.

At any rate, yes, I can definitely see how much this car was, shall we say, "inspired" by the DB9. And I can certainly see how that would turn some people off to this car. But it doesn't really bother me, if I'm honest. Both are gorgeous, both are cool, both are cars I would love to own.

I'm surprised to find I'm not the only one who thinks thw XK8 looks miles better than this thing. Still a cool car, but low cool at that.

Back