2007+ Toyota Land Cruiser 76 Series GXL Wagon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2007+ Toyota Land Cruiser 76 Series GXL Wagon nominated by @mustafur
2010_toyota_landcruiser_76_wagon_gxl_70_series_road_test_review_32-4b77a53eb075e-m:610x450.jpg

Engines:
4.4L Turbodiesel V8 (Toyota 1VD-FTV)
Power: 202 hp
Torque: 317 lb-ft.
Weight: 2295 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear/four wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door SUV
Additional Info: "Although the 70s series Land Cruiser has been sold since 1984, this model saw the introduction of a revised engine, and interior and exterior facelift and a factory snorkel for Australian models. It also includes a massive 130L fuel tank which allows it to go to very remote regions without requiring an external fuel tank."​
mw-toyota-76series-1.jpg
6imageIMG_4565finallook.jpg

NEW_Armored_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_GXL_76.jpg

2010_toyota_landcruiser_76_wagon_gxl_70-series_road-test-review_29.jpg
ToyotaLandCruiser-76-Wagon-GXL-2010+(1).jpg

I don't get it when people claim something is underpowered when it's not designed for performance in anyway, especially when it makes all it's torque at basically idle.

Either way I Love this, completely indestructible, unapologetic about its utilitarian purpose and with reasonable fuel economy for what it is to allow massive stints without refilling means it can take you basically anywhere you want and it would be suitable.

Cool for me.

Land Crusher: Effectively more unstoppable than any Land Rover off-road.

Cool.

The least they could have done is retain something resembling the original, more-than-vaguely interesting fascia instead of creating a muddled hybrid of old and new. It's like applying Discovery styling cues to the front of a modern Defender. Vile.

Capability notwithstanding, Seriously Uncool.

The least they could have done is retain something resembling the original, more-than-vaguely interesting fascia instead of creating a muddled hybrid of old and new. It's like applying Discovery styling cues to the front of a modern Defender. Vile.

Capability notwithstanding, Seriously Uncool.
The Car is basically Unchanged styling wise apart from the Grille.

The Car is basically Unchanged styling wise apart from the Grille.

Toyota_Land_Cruiser_70_003.JPG

The basic shape remains the same from the windscreen back (ignoring the alloys, snorkel an other GXL trimmings). But any of the character it may have had is more or less non-existent on the 76 series. Purely function over form. And function alone isn't enough to sway me, I'm afraid.

When I first read 2007+ Land Cruiser, i thought you meant this one...

M1UolCcDj7iPOyz_5mUBvIdMFaoEYHlCrOpAs--ROMCC9FVwywcfor8Iv__iSqdoodTaqI5eVVmcnxSZGMgd5eQcw-Apk-SxLjY=w469-h314-nc

...Which is SU but then I realised you meant that land cruiser....

...still SU thought.

A LandCruiser that actually sees its time off-road rather than at the local footy oval for mum to pick up her and several of her friends' kids.

Low Cool.

This is the automobile for arduously over-landing an inhospitable continent. Well, this side of an Earth Cruiser I suppose.

Cool.

Last edited:
Almost exclusively used for what it was specifically designed for. Very good at what its designed for. Low cool.

It's an ugly, underpowered dinosaur. Nowhere near as refined as the current LC, and not quite as collectible as an actual LC70.

-

Sub-zero. For reasons.

I'm sure it's brilliant at what it does, but there's far too much of a Simon and Lyndsey vibe for it to be even remotely cool.

Plus points for being a genuinely capable SUV/off-roader, but loses almost as many for the snoresome styling, and for making me want to see an old one. Upper Meh.

Seriously uncool. Because Toyota has in my honest opinion has gone down hill since the late 90's. Still prefer my '86 4Runner over any newer Toyota.

Latest Posts

Back