Body Style:
4-door sedan, 5-door wagon
Engine: 5.0L twin-turbocharged V10
Horsepower: 572 hp
Torque: 479 ft lbs
Weight: 2025 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, four-wheel drive
Additional Information: Introduced to a world as a wagon first, the C6 generation RS6 sported a twin turbocharged Lamborghini V10 engine, which made it the most powerful production Audi road car ever made until the Mk2 R8. A 4.6 second 0-62 time was on par with the first generation V8 engined R8 supercar despite the RS6's extra weight. The sedan followed a year later until production ended for both cars in 2010.​

Audi~RS6~(11).jpg
Audi_RS6_-_Flickr_-_Alexandre_Prévot_(4)_(cropped).jpg
audi-rs6-avant-c6-c541526112016224049_2.jpg
Audi_RS6_C6_interior.jpg

Last edited:
If there was manual, this coulda taken an easy Sub-Zero, but high cool it is. Didn't last long, sure. But it's both slick, and had a mean son of a engine. Not a V12, but a freaking V10 is good enough for me.

I have some very fond memories of the car during GT5 Shuffle Races. It's great in real life too, powerful and practical while making a great noise. It's the R8 of estate cars.

This was a moment of sheer madness from the normally austere Audi. Taking a Gallardo engine, twin turbocharging it and sticking it in a humdrum sedan and wagon to make one of the most bonkers executive cars ever seen is very cool.

It hasn't aged well. It feels a bit outdated, round and bubbly, specialy along side the awsome current gen RS6. But it's no doubt one of the finest machines ever created. Audi injecting madness in a very gray lineup is most certainly cool.

First picture is the wrong generation @Wiegert

That said, that was the last interesting generation for me regarding the RS6. Kind of looks like an old person smiling with their dentures fallen out.

On one hand it's a practical family car with the heart and performance (almost) of a supercar. On the other hand it's a practical family car with the running costs and fragility (almost) of a supercar. Meh as an Avant. Uncool as a saloon.

Too big. Too Heavy. Over powered for our roads. Usual Audi steering/handling. Usual Audi image.

SU.

The previous model was standing apart in terms of design, this one is just an extended RS4 of the same generation.

I would still prefer the S6 (C5) with a manual transmission for daily use. Lighter, shorter... simply better.

Wagons are cool, wagons with sweet Lambo/R8 engines...nearly sub zero. Then you strap two turbos to it and might as well be SZ if it weren't for the fact that it's a newer Audi. So a very high cool.

It's been said countless times already but still, it's a station wagon with a twin turbo V10. How much cooler can you possibly get?!

Cooler than the sedan, but it's still a modern Audi.

Uncool it is, then.

Also, design-wise, it's easily the least-appealing RS6 Avant for me. The previous one had a few neat features, while the current model went all out on the aggression. This one's just... there.

Never a looker, but it has aged pretty poorly. Against RS Avants of yore, it's not tickling my fancy.

Meh.

Cooler than the sedan, but it's still a modern Audi.
How old does a car generally have to be to considered not modern? It being a 2008-2010 car, it's already 6-8 years old. It doesn't look old enough not to be considered modern, but it's dwarfed by the modern, current versions of Audis.

Back