• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2008 Ford Performance Vehicles F6X nominated Murcie_LP640

fpv-f6x-1-big.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2008
Style: 5-door crossover
Engine: 243 ci/3984 cc turbocharged DOHC inline 6 (rated 362 HP & 406 lb-ft)
Transmission: ZF 6-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, All-wheel-drive - 38/62 front/rear torque split
Related: Ford Territory, Ford Falcon​

I don't know why but for some reason I hate it.

Pure hate.

Strange, since the stats suggest otherwise, and I like that torque split.

Uncool. Power output is good but besides that I'd rather have a bronco or something. Eh.

Ah, the poor F6X. Up there with the Mitsubishi 380 in terms of the Australian car industry's flops in the market, except the F6X was rather less publicised. Limited edition for all the wrong reasons, and is pretty much the super-SUV no one has heard of.

The Territory on it's own is actually quite a good SUV. Loads of space, it's Australian-made and has Falcon underpinnings so it's cheap to maintain and thankfully the most recent model brought in a diesel engine so that it didn't consume more than 20L/100km on a good day.

However, probably because Ford of Australia's tuning arm FPV was feeling quite crazy after creating the F6 Typhoon from the XR6 Turbo and essentially making the quickest Australian-made car ever seen, they decided the Territory needed the same treatment and brought out the F6X just as the demand for Falcon and Territory was starting to slip, and the fuel prices were beginning to rise. The result being an incredibly quick but rather ostentatious family vehicle that ended up dying an incredibly quick and painful death after just over 280 were built, just under half the planned build total of 600 units.

I'm going with a solid Uncool. It punches well above its price-point but it was overall a rather silly vehicle. And it didn't even have the 7-seat option.

Soft-roader = Instant Uncool.

I also hate the color, would actually look better in a darkish red or black.

Seriously Uncool. "Sports" off-roaders that will almost never be taken off-road are completely pointless.

But... but... lotsum cubic inches... lotsum broom broom. Urgh urgh!

Tempted to vote "cool" just because of how silly it looks, but they just didn't do enough with the styling, unusually for an FPV.

A high performance Ford Territory trying hard to dress up like the FPV Typhoon?

Seriously Uncool Territory...

Why does everyone use these light shades of blue on cars? No car looks good in a blue this light. None. Those that do would look much better in a darker blue.

The styling...it's all smooth and rounded off like something out of the mid 90s.

Something about those wheels just bugs me.

The front end looks squeezed up and squashed back, like they were trying to make it look 'cute' or something. WAY too much slope to that hood; makes it look like it's got the front end of a minivan--even at the ridiculous angle in the picture, it slopes noticeably downward. Also the headlights make it look happy...in an extremely dopey kind of way, like a stupid walleyed dog that bounds up to you with its tongue hanging out the side of its mouth and runs straight into your leg without slowing down.

The hood scoop's just a hood scoop (if out of place on something like this), but those stripes on the side are absolutely terrible; they don't fit this thing at all.

In anything else, that engine and four wheel drive would be interesting. In this? It almost makes me hate turbo I-6s.

There is absolutely nothing I like about this car, and I find most of it downright offensive. Seriously Uncool by far.

Why does everyone use these light shades of blue on cars? No car looks good in a blue this light. None. Those that do would look much better in a darker blue.

I soooooo disagree with you on this. ;)

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-through-corner-on-track-1024x640.jpg

BMW-M4-Coupe-and-M3-Saloon-161.jpg

2012-Jaguar-XKR-S-Convertible-Nordic-Drive-Blue-Front-Angle-Drive-2-1280x960.jpg

Something about those wheels just bugs me.

This I agree with you on, though. They look like they tried to make a sport model and changed everything but the wheels.

Soft-roader = Instant Uncool.

I also hate the color, would actually look better in a darkish red or black.

It's not even really a soft-roader; no low range, very little ground clearance and it's based on a normal family sedan underpinnings. It's like the Mazda CX5/7/9.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but that first Volvo looks the best in that color out of all of them. The Mustang in particular is a terrible shade of blue! Would look waaaay better in a color that didn't look like it belonged on the walls of a kindergarten class :P

I like the idea of the thing, more or less a Subaru Forester with a bit more muscle under the hood. But, I find the F6X rather boring to look at... At least the boys at HSV made the Avalanche a bit more exciting.

So, it's a meh, I suppose.

It's an FPV which should mean cool. But a, no one has heard of. I am an FPV fan and yet I never knew this existed until earlier this year as I saw it in a post and I did actually see one on the road ironically. B, its got all of the performance features of a typical sports sedan in a crossover. C, I don't get the appeal of high performance crossovers. This, MSN X5, Q7 V12 TDI. I'm sorry it's uncool. Not seriously uncool but definetly unccol.

I don't think any Australian cars are cool, mainly because their fan base is a tad overbearing.

Back