United States
New York
Jahgee1124
2008+ Infiniti FX/QX70 nominated by @The Stig Farmer
INFINITI_FX50S.jpg

Engines:
3.0L Turbodiesel V6, 3.5L V6, 3.7L V6, 5.0L V8
Power: FX30d: 240 hp; FX35: 303 hp; FX37: 330 hp; FX50: 390 hp
Torque: FX30d: 406 lb-ft.; FX35: 262 lb-ft; FX37: 267 lb-ft.; FX50: 369 lb-ft.
Weight: V6 RWD: 1909 kg; V6 AWD: 1960 kg; V8: 2069 kg; Diesel: 2103 kg
Transmission: 7-speed automatic with manual mode
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive/Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door crossover​

I had a ride in an FX50 a couple of years ago and found it to be a decent performer. Plus it offers something the Germans and Lexus don't have particularly in the UK: Exclusivity.

A low cool.

Strangely, these are one of my guilty pleasures. Can't explain why, but I kind of like the way it looks.

Still seriously uncool.

At least it's neither an Audi nor a BMW. Uncool.

I suppose I'm one of the few who don't think SUV's are automatically uncool. I've thought the FX was rather cool ever since it was released. I like the design, it makes a good noise stock (an even better one with the right exhaust on it), and it stands out without being overly offensive to look at like the Infiniti QX. I went with a low cool on this one since it's just slightly higher than uncool.

I always liked the first-gen, even knowing I probably shouldn't, as it were, but this one doesn't do much for me. It did the Cayenne thing before the Cayenne did... just no avoiding that that particular thing is still uncool.

Sub-Zero, because it's one of the things that originally made me like cars. So did the Toyota Matrix and E34 M5.

It really is just hideous IMO. No amount of driver-friendliness nor comfort nor anything like that will change the fact that it looks like a clown shoe, PLUS it's a crossover SUV on top of that. Seriously uncool.

Back