Body Style:
3-door hatchback
Engine: 1.6L CamPro CPS I4
Power: 127 hp
Torque: 110 ft-lbs
Weight: 1227 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: In February 2009, Proton launched a CPS version of the Satria Neo, replacing the high-end H-Line version of the Satria Neo. It comes with an aggressively styled body kit and spoiler that pays homage to the Satria GTi. It is powered by a 1.6-litre CamPro CPS engine with 125 bhp (93 kW; 127 PS) and 150 N·m (110 lb·ft) of torque which reportedly does not suffer from the torque dip of older CamPro engines; however, the timing of the cam profile switching mechanism is slightly modified for aggressive driving.

2011_Proton_Satria_Neo_CPS_H-Line_in_Cyberjaya,_Malaysia_(01).jpg

2010_Proton_Satria_Neo_CPS_in_Cyberjaya,_Malaysia_(02).jpg
Proton_Satria_Neo_Cps_(2009)_Interior.jpg

Knowing absolutely nothing about Protons and judging only by appearance, the exterior looks good, but damn that interior is spartan.

Still go with a Cool.

I really liked the Satria GTI but I never heard of this. Plus it looks like it has a Rocket Bunny kit straight from the factory.

Cool.

Not cool. Particularly un-so, in fact.

Also, if a car of that size is to weigh that much it better have more than 127bhp to its name. Not a favourable power/weight ratio, that.

Surprised that the additional information made no mention of the one thing that Proton prides itself on - "Lotus ride and handling"

Shame then that the rest of the car and in fact all of their cars apart from that one that was actually a Mitsubishi Mirage in a Malaysian suit are so damn lacklustre.

Seriously Uncool. Even the Malaysians laugh at you when you say you own a Proton.

So it actually was a Mitsubishi Mirage? I thought I was seeing things.

Edit: No, this one doesn't seem to be. Just made extensive use of tracing paper.

Last edited:
Barely seen any Protons in my life ever, but this actually doesn't seem bad. Good looking, very decent interior.

The fact Proton is underrated to me, I'll be at least nice and give it a low cool, scraping.

Cooler than a Youabian Puma.

SU.

...Okay, now that's a little forced, almost anything is cooler than THAT puma. Saying this one is cooler than that, you're assuming this car has a lot of bad. Sheesh.

Be glad this thing ain't super ugly, super expensive or have off-road tires. ut to compared to the Puma, I really do not understand. One thing for sure.

This car is whole lot better than the FR200, dead serious.

Looks like a combination of an Astra, a Focus hatch, a Punto, a 207, and a Mark V Golf.

While I think all those cars, bar the Astra, are cool, the boy racer bits make it seriously uncool.

As @LivingWithGames mentioned, it's an underrated manufacturer. And personally I do like the looks of the car, Front Wheel Drive I can deal with, and the bodykit although a tad ricer-like, it's not the worst factory kit I've seen. If it had decent performance it could be a pretty good daily car, or even a track car when you feel like it, but unfortunately I don't see that so that kinda let it down.
Low cool.

Car says it wants to be a Subaru STi hatch with euro hot hatch hallmarks, all while giving honor to using a early 2000s Ford Focus interior. If this isn't the hodge podge hatch for everyone then you just don't get it.

it's an underrated manufacturer
Proton is not an underrated manufacturer. They operate solely on the power of the Lotus brand that Proton owns - I've had the misfortune of driving a current model Prevé and Exora and not only did the handling of those two models feel like someone came from Hethel, look under the bonnet and see that it has a strut tower brace and say "job done, your car is now Lotus approved," the rest of the car just feels far too cheap considering that these models aren't actually that much cheaper than most mainstream manufacturers. Space is on their side of course but since we now have things like the Suzuki Baleno which offer small car space in a city car segment they're not alone in that respect either.

Last edited:
So you know those sorts of not-very-well-known or successful racing games that forgo using licensed vehicles and just make very cheap looking knockoffs of actual vehicles?

This looks like it came from one of those types of games.

Seriously Uncool.

Proton is not an underrated manufacturer. They operate solely on the power of the Lotus brand that Proton owns
First sentence I agree with. People seem to be using the term "underrated" more and more and it doesn't mean what they think it means.

"Underestimate the extent, value, or importance of something".

In other words, Proton's cars would have to have some kind of value (not value for money, unless they were selling them Dacia-cheap, which they aren't) or importance (bwahaha) that was being overlooked for the cars to be underrated. They aren't underrated - they're mediocre at best.

Second sentence I'm not sure I agree with. Outside the automotive industry does anyone either know or give a toss that Protons are (to whatever degree) tweaked by Lotus? Does Average Joe on the street even know what a Lotus is?

If Proton operates solely on the power of anything, it's the Malaysian government. Proton exists almost solely to supply the Malaysian market with cars.

Outside the automotive industry does anyone either know or give a toss that Protons are (to whatever degree) tweaked by Lotus?

The second sentence was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I'm absolutely aware of the importance to supply the Malaysian market, but I do know of Proton owners (yes, they do exist) that actually bought them with the fact that Lotus signs off on them at the forefront. Normal, some would say "sane" people on the other hand indeed do not even know what a Lotus is which is why there are very few of them sold.

That's what I'm saying. I think it looks great, but all the sporty bits + an NA 1.6 I4 = SU.

I'm saying I don't see a perceived power, it'd be like me expecting the ralliart to have much more power cause it got some sporty bits. Or any other car they purposely do it to, so the consumer feels cool. I agree that if your going to sell a sporty looking car make it sporty inside and out. My problem with it is its not a car that I can say doesn't look like anything else you could buy on the market and actually be fast in.

Back