Body Style: 4-door wagon
Engines: 2.0 turbocharged I4, 2.8L turbocharged V6
Power: 220-296 hp
Torque: 258-295 lb-ft
Weight: 1723 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information:
Although a number of prototype and production pilot SportCombis were produced, the variant did not enter serial production prior to Saab's bankruptcy in December 2011. There are 27 known surviving production SportCombi vehicles, 22 of which were sold at auction between December 2012 and June 2013. A number of these have since been made road legal.​

DSC_0910.jpg

20130105-079.jpg

carpixel.net-2011-saab-9-5-sportcombi-4461-hd.jpg
0075.jpg

pictures-of-saab-9-5-2016-84964.jpg

From the right angle this looks a bit like an IS300 Sport Cross. Interesting history behind this one, and yet kinda sad that there are so few in existence. Decent enough looks and decent power could make it an enjoyable ride.

I'll give it a meh.

I didn't even know there was a wagon of the new 9-5 when Saab died. Still about as interesting as a bar of soap.

Meh.

Cool to know of its story and cool just on its own, in black on big wheels.

It's really a shame that these SportCombis didn't take off in America. They were very well built, practical, and better than many crossovers that you could buy in 2010. I guess, thanks to minivans and crossovers, many Americans thought wagons were outmoded forms of transportation.

Fortunately, the scarcity of these wagons only make them cooler, and more collectable as they age.

It's really a shame that these SportCombis didn't take off in America. They were very well built, practical, and better than many crossovers that you could buy in 2010. I guess, thanks to minivans and crossovers, many Americans thought wagons were outmoded forms of transportation.
Well, that and GM scuttling the entire brand.

Well, that and GM scuttling the entire brand.
Off topic, but you're correct. GM decided to go back to their old ways and do badge-engineering. That's why the Saab 9-4X didn't sell; it was too similar to the Cadillac SRX it was based off.

That's all you're going to say? Simply saying what you voted and nothing else is useless, since everyone can see how members voted. Adds nothing to the thread, and it looks like you are just trying to increase your post count.

Last edited:
That's all you're going to say? Saying what you voted is useless, since everyone can see how members voted. Adds nothing to the thread, and it looks like you are just trying to increase your post count.
My first car was a black w/tan leather '90 9000 turbo auto. Awesome car. Never got around to buying a 900 SPG(which was my dream car). I typed it's cool because it is. That's my vote.

That's all you're going to say? Simply saying what you voted and nothing else is useless, since everyone can see how members voted. Adds nothing to the thread, and it looks like you are just trying to increase your post count.
Hey, not everyone has to express their opinions all out like you do. Calm down.

That being said, cool.

Saabs are always cool...actually most Swedish cars are cool come to think of it.

Guess I overreacted a bit here. I apologize, I didn't mean to come off sounding so angry.

Carry on as usual.

Barely a production car, really.

Such a shame. The 9-5 sedan was a genuinely good-looking car: I loved that Saab had found its own, distinctly Scandinavian style after a decade of pretty dreary-looking stuff. Whenever I see one it always catches my eye, which is sadly only about once or twice a year.

The late saloon stood out in a good way. This doesn't look any worse but seems to lose that level of presence in "SportCombi" form. On par with an Insignia estate in regular traffic.

Most people won't have a clue or likely wouldn't give a hoot about it being a stillborn production model owned by a handful of Saab enthusiasts. Though anyone asking how these examples went through the difficult process of becoming fit for road use would either be bored stiff or some sort of car fanatic... oh.

Uncool.

I'm detecting a slight split in the voting so far. Am I right in thinking that SAAB's are perceived as more cool in North America than Europe and elsewhere.

The last cool SAAB IMHO was the 99 Turbo. This one is just dull, dull, dull, even at 300bhp. Uncool.

Cool

Back