• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2010-2015 Chevrolet Camaro nominated by @JASON_ROCKS1998

800px-2010ChevroletCamaro-05.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engines: LS/LT: 3.6L V6, SS AT: 6.2L L99 V8 (400 hp), SS MT: 6.2L LS3 V8 (426 hp), Z/28: 7.0L V8 (505 hp), ZL1: Supercharged 6.2L V8 (580 hp)
Power: 312-580 hp
Torque: 273-556 ft-lbs
Weight: 1697-1868 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: The fifth generation of the Chevrolet Camaro, that went on sale in 2009 for the 2010 model year. It featured a complete redesign from the 2002 Camaro and was based on the 2006 Camaro Concept. LS and LT models are powered by a 3.6 V6 producing 312 hp mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with manual shift. The SS is powered by the 6.2 LS3 V8 producing 426 hp and is paired with a 6-speed manual. The automatic SS gets the L99 V8 with 400 hp. The RS appearance package is available on both the LT and SS and features 20-inch wheels with a darker gray tone, halo rings around xenon headlamps, a unique spoiler, and red RS or SS badges. On April 1, 2010, the Camaro was named the World Car Design of the Year at the World Car of the Year awards. In November 2015, Motor Trend Magazine named the 2016 Camaro its Car of the Year, further cementing the car's staying power and consumer appeal, as it moves into its 6th generation.​

4513820Chevrolet-Camaro-2.jpg

Chevrolet_Camaro_Cabriolet_001.jpg
chevrolet-camaro-ss-convertible-test-drive-2013_80.jpg
2013-chevy-camaro-hot-wheels---02.jpg
2014-chevrolet-camaro-z28-xl.jpg
2011redchevroletcamaros_zps668d546d.JPG
2015-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-rear-three-quarters.jpg
phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg

This car simply can not be mentioned in a sentence without Michael Bay and Transformers.

SU.

Last edited:
Everywhere I see this, the Dodge Challenger, and the Ford Mustang compared together, this one always comes out on top.

It's the least charismatic of the three in my opinion, and as AudiMan pointed out, the Transformers thing kinda sours it as well for me.

Uncool.

I think I remember a TV programme about the making of this version of the Camaro in which a person from GM said that the customer base they were targeting with it are 50/60-something people who want to relive their youth. Not a cool thing to start with. Then you see someone driving a yellow base model convertible 140-or so km/h on a motorway and it's quite obvious that this thing couldn't be less cool if they had tried.

140-or so km/h on a motorway
Is that fast or slow? Technically over the limit here but pretty standard and troopers typically won't bat a lash unless you're doing other stupid 🤬 on top of speeding. I've been matched by troopers while going a hair over 90 (145) and it was just peachy.

Is that fast or slow?
It's 20 over the limit, and most of the time only Audis, and sometimes Skoda RS with an occasional Prius, tend to go that sort of speed, so I'd say it's fast. Someone with an A5 diesel though...

Whilst I hate it for its crass, macho posturing. It's blue-collar honesty, if only in V8 coupe form, saves it from SU.

Designed in 'Straya Mate and is quite simply the best modern muscle car around. Has all the looks and all the power you need. Cool

Uncool. Heavy, bad visibility, not too different from a pillbox, abysmal practicality..

The only thing saving this from "meh" for me is the Z/28. I just can't bring myself to vote anything less than "cool" when even one version of this car sounds the way that does.

I see every other version of it so often that I really couldn't care less about the normal versions or even the ZL1, considering it's essentially a much less practical and woefully less stylish CTS-V that weighs near as much or more, depending on trim level.

I like it, and I dont care about the Transformers association. Cars are not uncool because they were in bad or popular movies. That would make the Skyline and Supra uncool just because they were in F&F. Solid cool for me.

Don't care about transformers, or the bad visibility.

I've been up close and personal with a 2012 SS convertible. It was a blast. SZ.

While I do like the older models of this generation we're speaking of, that doesn't save this from becoming seriously uncool because of its high-performance variants, like the Z28.

In my opinion its a nice looking muscle car, even though its not Mopar. It has a lot of horses and the exterior is stylish.

Cool.

Meh, because I find these less annoying on the road than show-off Coyote Mustang drivers. 2 years ago I would have voted SU. Non-car people like these things for some reason too.

Eventually decided on an Uncool, partly because the looks in my opinion haven't aged particularly gracefully from the infamous Saleen Camaro debut on Transformers, but mostly because if I wanted one of the retro-pony-car sensations I would undoubtedly go for the Challenger despite that car's inherent flaws. The Camaro has always been sort of middle-of-the-road in my opinion.

It's not Seriously Uncool though because of the more powerful models.

Regardless of if you're one of those middle-aged men trying to recapture their youth that GM targeted with this, pulling up in one will make you look like that sort of person.

As cartoonish as it is on the outside, being inside one is even worse. The smell of cheap leather just mixes with the claustrophobia. You wonder how something so big can feel so small inside, though the 8 inches or so of glass to your side might be why. Less glass means acres of the sort of plastic you find on the cheaper scale models of the car, which makes them oddly accurate. Woe to any poor soul forced to sit in the back too: pretty sure it's considered some sort of torture.

Not even the impressive performance of the Z/28 can save it, because that car compromises the road car side of the package so much.

SU.

As cartoonish as it is on the outside, being inside one is even worse. The smell of cheap leather just mixes with the claustrophobia. You wonder how something so big can feel so small inside, though the 8 inches or so of glass to your side might be why. Less glass means acres of the sort of plastic you find on the cheaper scale models of the car, which makes them oddly accurate. Woe to any poor soul forced to sit in the back too: pretty sure it's considered some sort of torture.

This can't be understated. The Challenger has its own list of problems, and many of the problems the Camaro had the Challenger had worse (like weight and interior quality). But you get in a Challenger and it is humongous inside, and you can see out of it, and you can fit more then five grocery bags in the trunk, and Chrysler fixed the interior after the buyout, and the ones that don't cost over 60,000 don't actually perform any worse.

Uncool for reasons most people here have already stated. Would get attention over here, but your mileage may vary whether its good or not.

Side note; I hate the massive plastic cladding on lower spec, facelifted models:

2015_chevrolet_camaro_angularrear.jpg

Not even econo-sport models from the 90s had that.

Back