Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2011-2015 MINI Coupe nominated by @Roger the Horse
Mini-Coupe-2_2344330b.jpg

Engines:
1.6L I4 (BMW/PSA Prince), 2.0L Diesel I4
Power: 1.6: 208 hp; 2.0: 141 hp
Torque: 1.6: 192 lb-ft.; 2.0: 225 lb-ft.
Weight: 1165-1195 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door coupe​
640px-2012_Mini_John_Cooper_Works_Coupe_--_11-26-2011_front.jpg

640px-2012_Mini_Coup%C3%A9_rear_%28R59%29.jpg

mini-coupe.jpg

MiniCoupeS026.jpg

MINI_1991886b.jpg

mini-coupe-726fbbd9314d6b3d47d189709c2bc9b9.jpg

2012-mini-coupe-04.jpg

Just what is the point of the Coupe when you could have a regular JCW hatchback? I couldn't get my head around it when I caught it in Toronto in 2011, and I still can't get my head around it now.

Uncool.

Whoever decided that the MINI could do with the automotive equivalent of a farmer's flat cap for a roof should have one stitched to their scalp as penance.

Decent enough car otherwise. So bumped up to uncool.

Although I'm not much of a fan of the regular Mini, I'd reckon it's a probably a cool car.

Unfortunately for the Coupe, I can't get over the fact it looks a Mini hatch that has been rolled over. Uncool.

Like a regular Mini, only with a good deal of practicality removed. Pointless and uncool.

On the car alone, uncool. But based on what the brand used to be and what BMW have done to it, it's a massive Seriously Uncool from me.

From experience, these things are bloody fantastic to drive.

They also look bloody stupid.
Precisely this. And really, I'd probably choose the coupe over other MINIs because I like automotive black sheep - but they really do look stupid, and I figure even easily-pleased members of the public would think so, so it's an uncool. Saved from SU because the MINI badge does have appeal with the great unwashed.

Precisely this. And really, I'd probably choose the coupe over other MINIs because I like automotive black sheep - but they really do look stupid, and I figure even easily-pleased members of the public would think so, so it's an uncool. Saved from SU because the MINI badge does have appeal with the great unwashed.

I'm firmly in the SU camp. Because instead of this, one could have bought the Roadster, which is just as useless but at least looks like something you might actually want to be seen in.

My girlfriend laughs at each and every one she has the displeasure of seeing.

SU.

I love these in the black/red color combo, but I can't say they're cool at all.

Last edited:
The MINI Coupe and MINI Roadster really are cars too far. People will buy the MINI Hatch and the MINI Convertible. They'll buy the MINI Clubman (usually estate agents and florists), go potty for the MINI Countryman and some will even buy the MINI Paceman.

But not even the modern hippies who are still deluded enough to think that the second and tenth largest car manufacturers in the world make products that stick it to the man like they did in the 1960s buy these utter anus-warbles.

Who in their right mind signed off on the design of the rear roofline and all its business. He and the designer should be firmly slapped in the face. With a Mini. An original Mini.

Whoever decided that the MINI could do with the automotive equivalent of a farmer's flat cap for a roof should have one stitched to their scalp as penance.

Decent enough car otherwise. So bumped up to uncool.

Who in their right mind signed off on the design of the rear roofline and all its business. He and the designer should be firmly slapped in the face. With a Mini. An original Mini.

The airflow over the rear glass has two stability ranges vs angle. Inbetween those ranges of a stability is a zone of instability, and it looks like the angle on the coupe might fall into that range, which would necessitate a separation edge on the roof. So if that functional need scores the car any points, there's that.

I've never cared much for Mini's. Haven't driven one and so haven't had a chance to be swayed by the driving dynamics. I think anything aiming to be fun should avoid front wheel drive though.

Who in their right mind, would buy something like this when there is the regular hatch, which is cheaper, more practical, and most importantly doesn't make the owner look like a moron in the eyes of everyone who accidentally happen to look at it?

If it was a first gen Mini, then it would be cool.

If it was any modern Mini with a normal body style, it would be uncool.

But since it is a modern Mini with an even more ugly body design, it's seriously uncool.:yuck:

SU because it's absolutely hideous. The rear roofline doesn't work for me.

This is the most irrational like I have in the whole car world. There is literally not a single positive over a normal Mini (though the Roadster was actually good, but this isn't that) and yet this is, or rather was, my favourite of them all.

Latest Posts

Back