Engines:
6.3L V12 (Ferrari F140 EB)
Power: 651 hp
Torque: 504 lb-ft.
Weight: 1880 kg
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door shooting brake
Additional Info: Chris Harris on why he bought one and why he loves it as a unique car (being a Ferrari that can carry a mountain bike)...​

Ferrari_FF_-_Flickr_-_Alexandre_Pr%C3%A9vot_(3).jpg

2014-ferrari-ff_100435768_h.jpg

07-2012-ferrari-ff-1302584957.jpg

02-2012-ferrari-ff-1302584941.jpg

2012-ferrari-ff-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-394020-s-original.jpg

2012-Ferrari-FF-Interior.jpg

It's a high powered shooting brake Ferrari. They sound amazing, the look even better in person and it doesn't exude this idea that "yes I am a powerful Super car, that looks out of a space comic".

It's a cool from me, and I'm not a very big fan of post mid 90s Ferrari

Last edited:
2011+ Ferrari FF nominated by @Kent
2013-ferrari-ff_100413264_l.jpg

Engines:
6.3L V12 (Ferrari F140 EB)
Power: 651 hp
Torque: 504 lb-ft.
Weight: 1880 kg
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door shooting brake
Additional Info: Chris Harris on why he bought one and why he loves it as a unique car (being a Ferrari that can carry a mountain bike)...​

Ferrari_FF_-_Flickr_-_Alexandre_Pr%C3%A9vot_(3).jpg

2014-ferrari-ff_100435768_h.jpg

07-2012-ferrari-ff-1302584957.jpg

02-2012-ferrari-ff-1302584941.jpg

2012-ferrari-ff-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-394020-s-original.jpg

2012-Ferrari-FF-Interior.jpg
A Ferrari station wagon? Weird, but. I like it.

When I first saw photos of this I figured it would look better in the flesh. It doesn't. It's just as terrible in the flesh.
Building shooting brake* should be left to specialized coach builders.

Uncool.

*Btw.

Why is it shooting brake and not break?

I really don't see the point. Why isn't it a sedan? It's a car that really shouldn't exist. The 612 was widely unpopular because it was long, ugly, and too heavy by Ferrari's standards. Why make a successor to a failure? They didn't succeed the Mondial.

Oh, look! They made a car that's even heavier, even longer, and even uglier!

Uncool. Saved from SU by the V12.

Language issues regarding the whole "shooting breake/break" thing aside, I can't really say I like the FF. Sure, it may be somewhat practical and it may have a beautiful V12 engine, but the looks... It's confusing both in and outside the car, it seems that it's simply trying too hard to be a lot of things. The 456 2+2 was a more elegant (and perhaps more practical) car, and despite being absurdly heavy so was the 612. I understand Chris Harris loving this for being a Ferrari that can carry a modern bike, but I know a few other cars that can do that and don't look so... off-putting.

Sorry FF, but you're uncool. Your brothers are simply more interesting and better to drive. Ah yes, almost forgot about the overly-complicated 4WD system of the FF, that's trying too hard as well.

The FF is a strange one. Mainly because it's an AWD shooting brake from a company renowned for making rear drive exotics and hyper-GT cars. Then the stying looks to have been inspired by the BMW Z3M Coupe.

It shouldn't work, yet somehow Ferrari's pulled it off.

Low Cool.

Don't you see what's wrong? We break in horses so we call it a brake? I need a @Liquid in here.

cc @GranTurismo916

Some quick digging is that prior to the invention of the motor car, a brake was indeed a type of horse-drawn carriage used to train draught horses and, latterly, transport hunting/shooting parties. In this particular case the word brake comes from the French word break.

As Wiegert says, the English brake was simply a variation of the French training carriage break. You need to think of it as a shooting wagon for breaking in horses and not a shooting "breaking in horses".

Only latterly does it look odd and out of place; the French for break as in "to break in" or "to train" is dresser. A shooting dresser just sounds ridiculous.

I like this car a lot, would take one over pretty much any modern Ferrari (except maybe the 458S)

That said, it's pretty uncool.

First off they are way better looking in the flesh than pics. Ok with that done, I can say they still are pretty damn ugly if you ask me, but I can see the appeal in it because it's (sort of) AWD, practical Ferrari with a gorgeous V12 and in the nice (but not the case here) shape of a shooting brake (I got lost with this nomenclature issue).

Still a Ferrari, still very uncool. But it's not as uncool as the other Ferraris of this era. I'll settle with an Uncool

The FF is a strange one. Mainly because it's an AWD shooting brake from a company renowned for making rear drive exotics and hyper-GT cars. Then the stying looks to have been inspired by the BMW Z3M Coupe.

It shouldn't work, yet somehow Ferrari's pulled it off.

Low Cool.

Or it looks to be based of another actual Ferrari which it has been claimed to be...the 250 Breadvan

I think it missed the boat in terms of shooting brake styling and I hate that its name harkens to the Jensen FF (another 4WD 'brake, 'FF' referring to Ferguson Formula), but it gets a Cool nod thanks to its unique drive system:

No. It isn't cool. There are sexier vehicles that can do the same job as this car.

Out of all the (relatively) modern Ferraris, this is the only one I'd want.

Except a 355. Would take that over this, but not by much.

Back