• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2011 Honda Odyssey Absolute nominated by Mark II Blit

28i0m0k.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2011-present
Style: 5-door minivan
Engine: 144 ci/2,354 cc K24A naturally aspirated inline 4 (rated 202 HP & 171 lb-ft)
Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, front- or all-wheel-drive​

It's a people-mover, so unless it's a Renault Espace F1 it would usually struggle to get out of uncool territory.

To its credit, it is several light years cooler than its (Australian market) rivals such as the Kia Rondo, Toyota Tarago, Citroen C4 Picasso and Kia Grand Carnival, and less plain than VW, Merc and Chrysler's offerings.

I'd say meh, but for a people-mover I find it to be the most exciting model available (maybe the upcoming Viano would come close).

Last edited:
While it looks quite nice for a minivan, it's still miles and miles away from being merely uncool. There is nothing interesting, exciting, or intriguing about it. Its only plus is that it's not as bad as the majority of other minivans.

It's near the bottom of Seriously uncool.

I love these things. To hell with space, Honda created a minivan that's actually fun to drive and has "VTEC Yooooo!" A K24A to be exact so it isn't very economical either.

Solid cool.

I'd probably say Uncool...
I mean, yes, it's a Minivan. But it's not like it has the looks of an Aztek or anything!

Nowhere near as boring as the first 2 gens. But compared to the 3rd gen it's a tacky-looking Japanese people mover.

I went with a Meh. This is probably the best design for a minivan I've ever seen. That said, it's a minivan.
Id have to mostly agree with this.

It was never going to be sub zero, or even cool. It's a minivan and therefore sub zero. But it's just by far the best minivan out there I feel and it doesn't even look all that bad for what it is, so that bumps it up to an uncool/meh I feel.

I don't think there's any more I can add. It's a minivan, but to its credit, the design actually looks kinda nice.

UNCOOL

Uncool: minivan.

Saved from seriously uncool because it looks okay. And while not cool, minivans can still be good fun in the right situation.

Meh. People Carrier. If it would have a V6 powering the rear wheels, then it could claw it's way to cool.

I'm not going to rate this vehicle like it's a sports car. It's a (small)minivan, and it's a cool one.

MPVs are altogether meh, the only exceptions is the very much sub-zero Volkswagen Touran (which thanks to personal experience I can safely say is one of the best cars ever made).

It's a minivan, and most of them in my area are driven by soccer moms ready to run you off the road simply because you exist. Seriously uncool.

Looks awesome but is driven by soccer moms all over. That defaults it to a 'Meh'

Just somewhere between meh and cool, but closer to meh. If driven by the right soccer mom it could almost be cool. There are some ridiculously hot soccer moms floating about.

In North America the Odyssey gets the V6....248 hp and 250 ft/lbs torque.

Last edited:
Just somewhere between meh and cool, but closer to meh. If driven by the right soccer mom it could almost be cool. There are some ridiculously hot soccer moms floating about.

In North America the Odyssey gets the V6....248 hp and 250 ft/lbs torque.
The Dodge ones make more lol

Back