United Kingdom
2011+ Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale nominated by @Neddo

4-1.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 4.7L V8
Power: 460 hp
Torque: 384 lb·ft
Weight: 1670 kg
Transmission: MC Race Shift 6-speed robotised manual gearbox, 6-speed auto (for US)
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​

maserati-stradale-620x413.jpg

car_photo_429256.jpg

2012-maserati-granturismo-MC-stradale-steering-wheel.jpg

Maserati-GT_MC_Stradale-13-GW_01-1680.jpg

Everything about the MC Stradale gives it such huge road presence. The noise, the sheer size and one of the best looking automotive badges placed on the front grille. Plus it is a track-ready special edition - SZ.

Gorgeous, great sounding, but why the whole race preparation? It's supposed to be a GT, not a race car. Even with all that stripping down it weighs a lot for a track day machine. The normal GT: SZ. This: uncool.

I'm sure there are grand coupes that wear AMG, M-Power and RS badges are quicker, cheaper, maybe better handling and put together more comprehensively, but a car like this is about passion, style and breeding. These things are cool. Teutonicness isnt. Cool, low cool.

Meh, Maserati to me is a car that has nothing to prove. A car that evokes emotion with it's engine note. A car that says you can hang with the pack, but it's more fun to let them go, because you have nothing to prove.
Meh

Really? I voted SU because I thought it was a pointless performance version of a luxury GT car with terrible road suspension, and everyone seems to like it so much?

Super cool even if several Asian students at the University own them while trying to obtain a degree...

I mean the amount of money these international students get is a bit insane, but since that's my personal experience and not the overall situation I gave it a cool for just being a class GT.

I'm torn. It's the try-hard trim level of an otherwise fantastic, true grand tourer. Sure, the GT isn't the sharpest knife in the box, but it oozes class in a way a Conti doesn't, and isn't as unimaginative as a Porsche.

Unsurprisingly, given its lineage, the engine will go down as one of the greats, before turbos took hold of everything. I'm sure the replacement will be an accomplished performer, but I doubt it will grab my attention - or my girlfriend's - two blocks before we can see it.

Cool, even in this trim.

Never really cared much about this car, but it has a decent looking interior and power figure by modern day standards.

Medium cool.

Stock car, particularly in convertible form, is just a thing of beauty. The MC is just wrong though... Tries to be a GT3, but it just doesn't suit the car.

Still a low cool for the looks alone.

This car sounds amazing in Race Mode. Probably best sounding car I've been in. More than makes up for the crap sat nav and speakers. In white looks really good. Think personally 2011 MC Stradale version is the best, looks and sounds badass inside and out.

Last edited:
To me, the MC Stradale suffers the same problem as the Bentley SuperSports. Trying to turn a car designed for crushing continents in supreme luxury into a track monster just doesn't work.

Uncool.

The original is a rock-solid Sub-Zero. This only gets a low Cool because of reasons already explained above this post.

Uncool. It's too heavy for its Ferrari-derived motor that is meant for lightweight sportscar.

Back