Engines:
4.0L V8
Power: 450 hp
Torque: 369 lb-ft.
Weight: 1230 kg
Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Racing Class: EXP2 (Nurburgring 24hrs)
Additional Info: "A one-off prototype developed from the Ferrari 430 GT2, owned by Jim Glickenhaus, who intended it to be a racing version of his Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina. The fastest Ferrari-powered car around Nordschleife (6 minutes 51 seconds)."​
ferrari_p45_nord_2011.jpg

glickenhaus-ferrari-p4-5-competizione-spy-shots_100344783_l.jpg

ferrari-p4-5-by-pininfarina-and-p4-5-competizione_100435804_l.jpg

12331560211757258071.jpg

2011-ferrari-p4-5-competizione-6.jpg

Ferrari racing car called Cameron Glickenhaus. I'm not even sure which is the most seriously uncool deserving thing in it.

Rich dude's racing toy.

Uncool.

This, sadly, because I always liked what these guys did with the new P4s, the redesign/modernization of the original was spot-on in my eyes, and the racing car was surprisingly competitive iirc.

In fact, if the car nominated was the red street P4/5, I'd be tempted to give it a cool because sucessful legendary car modernization. But the racing car, not so much, as it takes the concept too far off.

EDIT: Whenever I read someone post "I wanted to vote this but voted otherwise accidentally", I was like "lol how can that happen". Well, it just happened to me out of being totally distracted. Went with cool. Oh well, at least I truly find this effort cool, it could have been worse. It could have been the FF.

It's not a fully original Ferrari, but it's a nice idea to make a race version of a one off built car.

Balances to a Meh.

Jim's a really cool, down-to-earth guy. I'd love to talk to him again someday.

SUBRC.

By that logic then this is Sub Zero
2012-Radical-SR8-RX-Wallpaper.jpg

The Scuderwhatever doesn't have a reason to be uncool. The Radical is a joke of a street car, and it can hardly lay claim to its record because it's only barely street legal. As far as I'm concerned, the 918 holds the street car 'ring record.

The Scuderwhatever doesn't have a reason to be uncool. The Radical is a joke of a street car, and it can hardly lay claim to its record because its only barely street legal. As far as I'm concerned, the 918 holds the street car 'ring record.
I was joking but a 'ring record is one of the reasons I would call a car uncool. I mean, who wants to be seen in a car known only for how fast it goes around a track? The 918 at least has uses besides track days.

Full carbon fiber body automatically makes it SZ for me. It just looks so menacing.

So I thought there was only one of these, and the race version was the same car as the street version, prepped for racing. But one of the pics in the OP shows both, was it shopped?

Anyways the "street" version would get an SZ from me, I love it, the styling is a great homage to the P3/4 yet manages to somehow not be overly retro. I'll give the racecar a Cool, as it loses some of its uniqueness next to other race cars. Do like that bare carbon fibre though.

So I thought there was only one of these, and the race version was the same car as the street version, prepped for racing. But one of the pics in the OP shows both, was it shopped?

It's not shopped. The race car is built on a completely different platform to the street car.

Correct. The street car is Enzo based while the road race car uses an F430 Scuderia base and is street legal even in the US.

Last edited:
Back