Engines:
1.6L Turbo I4 (Nissan MR16DDT)
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 229 lb-ft.
Weight: 475 kg
Transmission: 5-speed sequential
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Racing Class: Garage 56
Additional Info: "Garage 56 entrant sporting a unique body, a car that was almost removed from GT6."​
Le-Mans-2012-Nissan-DeltaWing-01.jpg

nissan-deltawing-racer-rear-three-quarter.jpg

deltawing-nissan.jpg

Deltawing-33-e1350855728967.jpg

It was a good idea in theory, but it was just a colossal failure both as the original 2012 Indycar concept and as the G56 entry.

Plus it looks like a gentleman's meat and 2 veg.

Uncool.

Not even an hour and there have been four (I guess now five) mentions of this car resembling... well...
There are a number of people on here with severe genital abnormalities, it seems.

Anyway. This is probably the coolest race car of all time. I mean, once they got it working right it did so much with so little - but even before then, it got people - ordinary people - talking about racing and Le Mans in a way I've not seen in a while.

But it's a race car.

Love the DeltaWing. Takes an interesting, original approach to engineering, and is all the more fascinating for it. Looks mad, and goes around corners in a way your brain doesn't think possible.

You all have some weird looking todgers if that's the first thing you think of.

EDIT: It appears I was tree'd by @Famine by about three seconds :lol:

Dr. Freud would certainly have a laugh with y'all.

We all know that racecars are uncool, and considering Nissan's sketchy and downright treacherous involvement with the program just brings it closer to uncoolness hell. But...it's a miracle. It's simple, yet effective, a wonderful approach to car design by an idealistic young designer that made headlines around the world. Plus, there's this...

Oh man, such a feel overload from Satoshi Motoyama. I actually kinda wept when I watched the video for the first time.

Argh...it all points to it being uncool but, screw it, I'm going with my gut feeling and give it a cool.

Wasn't this the version that supposedly had the engine from the Juke-R, but it wasn't Nissan-powered at all?

Wasn't this the version that supposedly had the engine from the Juke-R, but it wasn't Nissan-powered at all?

It had the 1.6 litre turbo from the standard Juke DIG-T. The TT V6 would have been too heavy.

SUBRC. It also made up its own rules.
But, you see, it's amazing because deliberately not following class restrictions showed that they could keep up with cars that do follow class restrictions.

Up until it was punted off the track because it was hard to actually see.

Last edited:
Back