United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2012+ Peugeot 208 nominated by @Legro
001-jpg.418571

Engines:
1.0L I3, 1.2L I3, 1.4L I4, 1.6L I4, 1.6L I4, 1.4L Diesel I4, 1.6L Diesel I4
Power: 1.0: 68 hp; 1.2: 82 hp; 1.4: 92 hp; 1.6: 158-205 hp; 1.4 Diesel: 68 hp; 1.6 Diesel: 92-115 hp
Torque: 1.0: 70 lb-ft.; 1.2: 87 lb-ft.; 1.4: 100 lb-ft.; 1.6: 118-192 lb-ft.; 1.4 Diesel: 118 lb-ft.; 1.6 Diesel: 170-210 lb-ft.
Weight: 975-1185 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door hatchback, 5-door hatchback​
Peugeot_208_on_Just_Add_Fuel.jpg

Peugeot_208_e-HDi_FAP_115_Stop_%26_Start_Allure_%E2%80%93_Heckansicht,_23._September_2012,_Hilden.jpg

PEUGEOT-208-5-doors-4427_27.jpg

peugeot-208-front-static-1_0.jpg

Peugeot_208_GTi_Stylish_and_Sporty.jpg

20-2012-peugeot-208-fd.jpg

Looks better than the old 207 in every single way. Although claiming this would regain the magic of the old 205 is a bit of a bold claim.

Low cool.

Going with low cool. Looks quite nice (especially in GTI form), isn't pretentious, and unlike the Corsa (and to an extent the Fiesta) isn't the sort of supermini that would be chosen by 17-year-old chavs.

Love the 208. Wish the 3-door came to Brazil.

Guess I'll be the only one to vote Sub-Zero for it.

It doesn't try as hard as a DS3 to be cool. Though it does just about succeed in doing so.

Impossibly ugly. Modern Peugeot.

I'd give the 208 more credit than that.

Besides being a bit on the fussy side, it remains one of the freshest designs of the current generation of superminis to the extent that I don't think it'll ever warrant a mid-life facelift. I seriously doubt anybody could have said likewise about the 207. Plus rather than following that up with something increasingly bland and pushing the size limits within its class even further, they went for a leaner, nicely-proportioned and more daring replacement which better suits the modern B-segment.

If you want something that near enough perfectly matching your description (even if it's functionally sound), there's always this:

peugeot_3008_1st_hatchback5d-3643.jpg

If you want something that near enough perfectly matching your description

Every modern Peugeot matches my description perfectly. The brand has never sucked as much, all their cars are hideous even if they are decent automobiles.

Every modern Peugeot matches my description perfectly. The brand has never sucked as much, all their cars are hideous even if they are decent automobiles.

I'd say the current range in general isn't nearly as much of a styling fiasco compared to their previous crop. Save for one or two entirely new models that still exhibit some of the less engaging '00s design cues.

I think it's quite good looking compared to the blobby, basking-shark faced monstrosities the company pumped out a decade ago. Shame it's not sold here.

Had it been the GTI only (and not the naff two-toned special edition), I'd have voted Cool. But it's taking into account every boring cooking model, so Uncool it is.

Lolwut?

I mean, the 108 is a total munter, but the facelifted 208 is nice, the new 308 is considerably less bland than most things in the sector, the 508 is effortlessly suave-looking (especially in estate form)... and then there's the RCZ.

Sure, the 00s are colostomies, but finding a small or medium crossover that isn't hideous is a trial and finding any MPV of any kind that isn't a dull box of beige fog isn't possible.

If this follows the line of the 206 and 207 it will guarantee me some fine electrical and electronic work in a couple of years.

For that I should give it a cool. Euros in my pocket. But all I see is Peugeot. And my brain does ugh when I think Peugeot.

I'd say the current range in general isn't nearly as much of a styling fiasco compared to their previous crop. Save for one or two entirely new models that still exhibit some of the less engaging '00s design cues.

In fairness, I'd say 10-15 years ago they were far worse, both in terms of style and quality. The 1007, 207, 407 etc were all a bit half-hearted, and looked less 'feline' and more 'basking shark'. In contrast, I can't think of a better looking C-segment hatch than the 308 at the moment.

And what did I said? I said modern Peugeots. See? They all fit my criteria perfectly.

Lolwut?

I mean, the 108 is a total munter, but the facelifted 208 is nice, the new 308 is considerably less bland than most things in the sector, the 508 is effortlessly suave-looking (especially in estate form)... and then there's the RCZ.

Sure, the 00s are colostomies, but finding a small or medium crossover that isn't hideous is a trial and finding any MPV of any kind that isn't a dull box of beige fog isn't possible.

The last effortlessly suave-looking Peugeot was the 406 Coupe, which was as far from a Peugeot you could get while still being a Peugeot. The entire line-up right now look like squashed cockroaches punched in the face. even the RCZ suffered that destiny. Incredibly, the previous one was worse. It's like, take a great sports coupe profile, then absolutely send it down the pooper giving it Peugeot fronts and rears. It's the uncoolest of them all.

On a whole, this car is a meh. If this poll was just for the GTI, I would give it a cool.

Meh. It's not downright offensive but it's not that handsome either. The top spec sport models look fairly nice but that's about it.

Latest Posts

Back