Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door quadricycle​
renault_twizy_ev_sg_0.jpg

renault-twizy-windows.jpg

Renault_Twizy_from_the_left.jpg

renault-twizy.jpg

car_photo_536707.jpg

int-1339997872i4.jpg

Uncool. It's not futuristic or funky enough to be considered a cool micro car.

I saw quite many of these around Monaco and Nice when I was there in summer 2012. It seemed to fit to the narrow roads and small parking spaces almost perfectly. Cool.

This is one of my guilty pleasures. Yes, it may be electric, but I find it to be a quirky little thing. Cool.

Yes, it's French. Yes, it's nice an quirky. But it's just never appealed to me. Uncool.

For me, this thing is so uncool that it's Sub Zero. I love it, partly because it's ridiculous. It shows that you don't really care what people think of you, you just care about having fun.

I think, however, that this is one of those cases where it would almost be beneficial to have different polls for different parts of the world. In the UK, where distances are short, roads are narrow, and cars are relatively small, it makes a bit of sense to have one of these as a runabout if you also have something else. In America, this car makes no sense. None. It's probably one of the worst cars for the American market ever built, and it's unbelievably uncool there. So the results are going to be a bit muddled.

Looks like the next evolutionary step from the BMW C1. It loses some of the dorkiness in the process and looks suitably futuristic as a modern city car should.

Being Renault's most eye-catching current car however doesn't mean you'd look cool in one. Too uncomely with the exception of the rear-end.

Last edited:
Quirky, little car, maybe even interesting, and looks nothing like anything else on the road. But uncool.

I love electric cars, as long as they retain the essence of what a car should be. This, however, looks like something a bunch of environmentalists with no sense of aesthetics and no consideration for safety or comfort would design. Uncool.

Why make the cabin so tiny in relation to its own footprint ? It makes no sense. Seriously Uncool.

Moment the picture loaded, first reaction was "What the 🤬" and then I broke out laughing.

Uncool. Has practical applications and is useful... but is quite strange.

I think, however, that this is one of those cases where it would almost be beneficial to have different polls for different parts of the world.
There are many other cases where the difference between general US and European opinion on the cars in these threads is huge. Muscle cars for example.

Back