• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2013+ Chevrolet Impala nominated by @Naveek Darkroom
2014-chevrolet-impala-limited-6.jpg

Engines:
2.4L I4 (GM Ecotec LUK), 2.5L I4 (GM Ecotec LCV), 3.6L V6 (GM HF LFX)
Power: LUK: 182 hp; LCV: 195 hp; LFX: 305 hp
Torque: LUK: 172 lb-ft.; LCV: 187 lb-ft.; LFX: 264 lb-ft.
Weight: 1700 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
2014_Chevy_Impala_Europe.jpg

2014-chevrolet-impala-front-three-quarters.jpg

2015-chevrolet-impala_100467993_h.jpg

NetCarShow-2014-Chevrolet-Impala-rear-three-quarters.jpg

2014-impala-model-overview-exterior-cnt-well-1-980X476-01-1.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-77.jpg

Last edited:
Why does Cadillac get all the good designs at GM?

Seriously Uncool as it's resembles a bloated whale.

No real feelings on this other than it makes a really nice rental car. Uncool.

I'll give it a low cool. I wouldn't consider the Impala a particularly exciting car. But I still think it's a good car.

To me, this is NOT an impala. When I think of the impala, I think before of the ones from the 1960's.
So since it's a newer one, I give it a seriously uncool.

The only thing this shares with the early Impala lowriders now is the name. All the charm sucked out to make it a humdrum sedan.

Uncool.

Looks good, and is a pretty decent car according to most reviews.

Wish it were RWD, but still gets a cool.

A manual isn't going to make this any cooler. If anything, it'll just make it feel cheaper.

This. I recognize there's always going to be that manual-all-the-things brigade, and people are entitled to being intentionally narrow-minded, but some cars just don't need a row-your-own.

This is surprisingly handsome, with some serious rear-view mirror presence. But sadly, it's not cool. Nothing in the giant-FWD-sedan class really is.

This. I recognize there's always going to be that manual-all-the-things brigade, and people are entitled to being intentionally narrow-minded, but some cars just don't need a row-your-own.

This is surprisingly handsome, with some serious rear-view mirror presence. But sadly, it's not cool. Nothing in the giant-FWD-sedan class really is.
Look at the Mazda 6. It's got one and doesn't need it. That's why I like it.

Look at the Mazda 6. It's got one and doesn't need it. That's why I like it.
The diesel Mazda 6 needs it, just as every diesel car, since auto transmissions tend to rev the engine up to the redline (5.2 k rpm in case of the Mazda) when kicked down, but a modern diesel does not need more than 4.5 k rpm to accelerate fast. Also clutch shifting yourself is way more fun. In every car.

Back to the Impala: Seriously uncool. Ugly design, non economical engines. No manual option, it's heavy. I have never driven one, but for me this is the definition of the most boring drivin experience.

IMO, of course (waiting for the hate :scared::lol:)

Back