Transmission: 6-speed FPT C635 manual
6-speed FPT C635DCT automatic
7-speed FPT C725DCT automatic (China)
6-speed Powertech 6F24 automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive​
229083.jpg

23ccf16a0b8d3c7ffbfe3b57b490ac9f.jpg
dg013_034dt.jpg

The Dart GT is excluded from the nomination due to it being polled individually here.

Last edited:
Looks ok, but it's just a commuter car. Plus there are better alternatives in this category.

SU.

Well, when the Charger and the Challenger were revived in the late 70's and early 80's as econoboxes, I don't think they were very well received. (Especially since the Challenger was a rebadged Mitsubishi Galant.)

I feel the same sort of sentiment towards this car.

Ah, the inevitable "Dart is supposed to be a V8 muscle car" post.

I'm surprised we lasted all the way to the sixth post.

A forgettable thing in a very competitive segment. It's the equivalent of a shrug, which makes it Uncool for me.

Well, when the Charger and the Challenger were revived in the late 70's and early 80's as econoboxes, I don't think they were very well received. (Especially since the Challenger was a rebadged Mitsubishi Galant.)
It should be pointed out that both the Challenger and the Charger were completely different things to begin with. Where the Challenger and the Charger were already sporty vehicles, the Dart was simply a compact car, which seems to be remembered only as its go faster version and not how it was back in the day, as a cheap brown car that looks like this.
01.jpg

It's the same thing as if the Focus was cancelled (or renamed) after the current model and people 40 years from now considered it as a great 4WD sports car, because the RS is a thing.

Fair point.

I guess I like remembering the high points of certain models. I certainly see where you're coming from though.

My vote still stands however.

Once you get past the rough suspension it becomes a nice car.

Cool.

It's a fairly decent car and a worthy successor to the Neon, but it isn't cool.

No thanks, while its an econobox that's plagued with reliability issues, its not a worthy successor to original. Yes the original was an economy car, but can it really be called that with al most every engine option being a big ass V8?

I.... I actually like the look of the car...
But not the drivetrain...
It's not so much of a 'dart' with those specs, more like a jog
But the looks are alright to me, and not all cars have to be "elite" in performance... so it's a solid cool from me

Maybe if an SRT4 version (probably will happen when half life 3 hits shelves) existed I'd have actually taken this seriously. Then again if it did exist it'd probably get the same treatment as the GT and be given it's own poll so...I guess I must concede.

Looks like your average daily commuter sedan. I say average, because, even at just appearance, there are better commuter sedans out there. I don't know its actual size, but I'd rather have a Mazda 3 or a Hyundai Elantra over this one. Would have been an Uncool for me, but since it's a practical 4-door sedan, it gets a Meh instead.

Back