Weight: 1875 kg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive​

jaguar_xjr_frontaction_2.jpg
9642853e69aa1419b9a3da70bac2e652x.jpg

Jaguar-XJ-Facelift-2016-im-Test-Fahrbericht-1200x800-7850ca66fadce55a.jpg
XJR_Seattle-8.jpg
Jaguar-XJR_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_21.jpg

I despise the rear end and damn that thing is weighs 525 kg more than my Genesis.

Looks great from the front though.

Hmm... Can't decide if Meh or Cool. I'll have to come back later.

The most un-prime ministerial XJ.

Cool.

damn, wiegert you took that beautiful facelift light pic!

I took the liberty of replacing any images that weren't showing up on my end. Plus the two interior shots that did show (Portfolio model, not an XJR).

A modern British luxury sedan. The footballer's car of choice.

Haven't heard of any giving up their Range Rovers or German flagships/Conti-Rollers for one of these yet.

For something that exudes that much presences, I've actually heard or seen very little about the current XJR these last few years.

Last edited:
A limo for bad businessmen.

Cool, but not as imposing as the Germans.

I want to think it's cool, but the previous XJR was so intensely cool that it just gets completely swallowed up by comparison. No amount of jagged vents and chrome will help.

As I scroll from picture to picture, I go from that's a pretty good looking car to what the actual hell did they do?

Guess that's a Meh for me.

I despise the rear end and damn that thing is weighs 525 kg more than my Genesis.

IIRC, even the 4-cylinder barely dips below 1500kg. Did you rip out the back seats? And the engine? :P

I really like these, they have an air of class about them in a way the modern big Germans really didn't (until the newest S-Class arrived). But it absolutely needs to be in a dark hue, as that black C-pillar looks silly, doubly so when the chrome isn't blacked out. The rear end treatment still reminds me of a Citröen or something, though.

Gut says Cool, if only barely.

I don't even regret voting Uncool. It reminds me of the Bentley Continental, even the taillights are similar (i think) , this is not the Jaguar I know.

Plus, not even manual gear? Forget it. Might look cool but, doesn't do for me. Almost voted meh.

A bit more outgoing than the Germans. Not the coolest car in it's class (that'll be the Merc) but it's well sorted, stylish and, I think, very good looking. The R has the extra flamboyance of the supercharged V8, but apart from minor details, to the naked eye it looks like a diesel, which should, in reality be, a Meh because bland. but the Supercharged V8 can push it to Cool, only barely though.

I find it cool in the same way I find S8s cool. They're unassuming compared to other cars on the market and yet just as luxurious and at times fast without trying so hard. I think in the past rounds I did call it cool, but after seeing the newer stuff offered since then, and the fact the face lift version looks great it's cool to me.

IIRC, even the 4-cylinder barely dips below 1500kg. Did you rip out the back seats? And the engine? :P

I really like these, they have an air of class about them in a way the modern big Germans really didn't (until the newest S-Class arrived). But it absolutely needs to be in a dark hue, as that black C-pillar looks silly, doubly so when the chrome isn't blacked out. The rear end treatment still reminds me of a Citröen or something, though.

Gut says Cool, if only barely.
You're right, 1500 something, for some reason I was certain it was around 1352... I'll go with Cool than I guess.

There's no denying that this is the only big limo today with its own unique style. It really has the artistic design that takes years to understand. I hated rear but I like it now. It's a brave step forward for Jaguar and its the only limo that can match german cars. Only this will be worthy in 30 years because german limos are not special these days because they're primarily focused on tech that will be outmatched by themselves over and over again making them. Jaguar may be even more reliable.

Also unlike Rolls Royce or Bentley it doesn't scream that it's luxury. It just has such elegance unmatched by competition. Finally, for some reason rappers avoid using it in music videos just like F Type. Unlike german competition. I'm not hating them they are decent but Jaaaaaaaaaaaag

Solid cool.

Supercharged V8 Jaaaaaaaaag. Doesn't have the boringness of it's German equivalents and has that essence of MI6 about it.

Would be SZ if the front end looked a bit better.

Back