GTP Cool Wall: 2013+ Porsche 911 GT3/GT3 RS (991)

2013+ Porsche 911 GT3/GT3 RS (991)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I was given a Porsche I would ask for a 918 like everyone else. If I had to have a 911 I would have the GT3 RS (then sell it and buy a car I want more)

911s very from model to model. Not having the awesome 7 speed manual drops it down some points for coolness. Uncool.

It's not the best RS out there (964 or even the lighter 997s are better), plus these are getting too big and heavy. This RS 'lightweight' is 100kg heavier than my non-lightweight 997. I'd love to have one as a track toy, but I think the base 991 targa is cooler and easier to live with. At least it's not the turbo. Cool.

GT3's are the only 911's I admire, so I gave it a cool.

You seriously want to tell me that the GT3 RS is less desirable to you than something like the Carrera 4 Cabriolet? That thing is loaded with features, weight, heft, and bulk. Mmmm more is better.

Honestly that would explain a lot of the posts you make...
All this time, the GT-R was merely 600 pounds better than the contemporary Z06

If I was given a Porsche I would ask for a 918 like everyone else. If I had to have a 911 I would have the GT3 RS (then sell it and buy a car I want more)

918? Douche Canoe (it is after all a modern Porsche)... 959 is where it's at :)

What? The Turbo S absolutely blitzes the RS in acceleration where as the RS is able to clock in faster laps.

They're built that way for a reason.
Exactly. Though with the 991, the GT3's straight line performance isn't actually that far off from the Turbo.

Exactly. Though with the 991, the GT3's straight line performance isn't actually that far off from the Turbo.
Proof that the reduction in power is made up for by a reduction in weight (350lbs as I recall). Then there's the matter of wider, stickier tires that come in handy when there's a turn at the end of the straight line.

Proof that the reduction in power is made up for by a reduction in weight (350lbs as I recall). Then there's the matter of wider, stickier tires that come in handy when there's a turn at the end of the straight line.
Yes. The GT3 may be quick, but it's still meant as more of a track car than the Turbo.

Only the Carrera is cool IMO.
I find it funny that the consensus here is that only d'bags with too much money are interested in the RS, when a Carrera is a much more likely candidate for someone who just wants to be seen in a new Porsche.

I find it funny that the consensus here is that only d'bags with too much money are interested in the RS, when a Carrera is a much more likely candidate for someone who just wants to be seen in a new Porsche.
I think because the Carrera is just a sports car while a GT3 is a track orientated sports car.

I think because the Carrera is just a sports car while a GT3 is a track orientated sports car.
Yeah, the people who want to be seen driving a Porsche would rather spend less on something they can just drive.

Now don't get me wrong, modern Porsches (or tuner variants from the likes of RUF) really don't do it for me and I'm not likely to buy one even if I have money to burn, but I don't get the whole "I don't like it because people..." mentality.

Yeah, the people who want to be seen driving a Porsche would rather spend less on something they can just drive.

Now don't get me wrong, modern Porsches (or tuner variants from the likes of RUF) really don't do it for me and I'm not likely to buy one even if I have money to burn, but I don't get the whole "I don't like it because people..." mentality.
It's not the people that make it Uncool, any track orientated car is uncool IMO

Wow, usually I don't take current owners into account (Only with the S15 Silvia).
I apologize if it seemed I was striking up a conversation with you specifically--I wasn't. I should have specified my intention to use the comment you made as representative of broader opinion. The Carrera is far more popular because it's far more approachable, and therefor more people actually looking to purchase a Porsche (not dreaming of the day they'll get to--after they get their driver's license) are going to be drawn to it than to something that costs more and is more difficult to drive. As I said, the GT3 RS isn't the likely choice for someone who just wants to be seen driving a Porsche.

Back