Transmission: 7-speed manual, 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
2013-GTA-Spano-Front-Angle-Top.jpg

updated-2013-gta-spano-unveiled-in-geneva-video-photo-gallery-56054_1.jpg

2013-GTA-Spano-Front-Angle.jpg

03-spania-gta-spano-geneva.jpg
spania-gta-spano-2013_16.jpg

A supercar that no-one's ever heard of, with a supercharged Viper V10 has the potential to be a real upstart. However, like the Marussia B2, you'll have to explain what it exactly is, making you look like a fool. A fake version starring in the Need for Speed movie drags this deep into Uncool.

The GTA... Not the game series, the supercar from Spain.

While it is a commendable effort from Spain (which I applaud), it just looks a bit too, I don't know, videogame-y. And that paintjob with golden wheels is just asking for the "bad rapper's taste for things" comment.

Sorry, my Iberian comrades, but I have to call your car uncool; while the engine is great and the perfomances don't look too shabby, the car simply lacks the same presence as other supercars.

Grand Theft Auto lookalike supercar that no one who could afford one would desire. SU.

This looks like it was built in a shed, it's very ugly and very expensive, but it's obscure which is kinda cool, but even that doesn't save it from Seriously Uncool

Probably not a serious Pagani or Koenigsegg rival. Might actually be very good to drive, but a little strange looking.

Merits involving a Viper V10 and being Spanish (Seat is awesome) could not merit the car enough for everything flawed it has.

EDIT: despite my love for the NFS series, I actually hated the movie. And I first saw the car in a YouTube video back in 2012.

Last edited:
It's cool. I don't know if I would want to drive one, but I like the design. It's new. It's different.

Obscure Supercars are Seriously uncool, yes even Koenigseggs and Pagani started at this level and they where also seriously uncool untill they earned their stripes.

I kind of like this. If it were made by a company with a bit more prestige and budget I reckon this could look really nice, but sadly due to it being produced a bit on the cheap it leaves a little bit to be desired.

I don't find explaining the car all that uncool too, it could be done smoothly:

"Oh nice car! What's it called?"
"Spania GTA Spano. It's made by a new company, so that's probably why you've never heard of it."
"It looks fast! :dopey:"

I went with uncool.

"What car is this?"
"A Spano"
"Is it just Spano or does it have a model name?"
"It's made by GTA"
"Learn how to use correct prepositions. It's for, not by."

Seriously uncool.

I really struggle to have any confidence in things like the Spania... new manufacturer turns up with silly headline power claims, mega list price, and expects the super rich to jump on the bandwagon.

There are maybe 2 companies that have done something like this to a decent level of success - Pagani and Koenisegg, with Pagani arguably the most successful.

Pagani started by getting the basics right - engineering, build quality, handling - and built a following off this. The mega power stuff came much later in the development of the cars/brand.

I've no idea how anyone would have enough confidence in something like this to part with their money!

SU

Pagani and Koenisegg also had the advantage of creating interesting looking cars. They're strikingly different. Their looks created more interest than any willy-waggling statistics ever could.

This is incredibly generic looking.

Meh.

Gains points for a supercharged Viper engine but loses them for not looking very good. Plus the fact hardly anyones heard of it loses it some points but gains them back for being different.

Looks like it came straight out of a Burnout game; a significantly generic exterior and amateurish interior.

Pagani, I think, is still the only startup company who has managed to create a jaw-dropping supercar out of their first production model. Uncool.

Back