• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2013+ TAGAZ Aquila nominated by Rage Racer

tagaz_aquila_1280x1024.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2013+
Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 97 ci naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 107 HP & 102 lb-ft)
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Layout: Front-engine, front-drive​

My take? Gains cool points for being sharper looking than a typical sedan - you could actually beleive its styling was inspired by the eagle from which it takes its name. Loses them all and then some by having such a tiny, gutless engine. Uncool, rare (about 50 exist, apparently) or not.

And there you go again by saying that car that has a "tiny, gutless engine" is uncool because the engine is smaller (and has less "specific output") that your car.

Your picture isn't working for me, but I know the car.

The features make it look like a mix between a Kei car and a BRZ, except somehow it manages to have the shape of a hybrid economy car.

You'd look like you're driving around in a $10 RC car. Seriously Uncool.

I'm adamant that Tagaz simply played around with a random car generator to come up with that mess.

Proton Gen-2, meet Ascari KZ1.

I don't think it looks too bad. It's not showy and tacky enough to be uncool, but it's not 'cool'. Meh.

Okay, now that I've seen more pictures of it, I think it's more uncool than meh.

Uncool. The Russians are better at making tough go-anywhere off-roaders than making this "sports" sedan. I use the word "sports" very lightly.

A Honda Fit makes more power with a smaller engine.

This also has the Del Sol effect of making you think it's RWD.

And they aren't even making it.

It's like someone who'd never heard of frameless windows and formerly designed armoured personnel carriers was asked to sketch up a sports car with only pictures of the Toyota GT86 and Mk2 Honda Insight as reference material - and the requirement it had Dodge Charger tail lights.

It's awful.

That rear end looks worse than a Prius'. The front looks like a combination of a Panamera and an FR-S/GT86/BRZ, and both of those are ugly. While its appearance is better than that of a Camry, it's actually slower than a Camry! 1.0 liters is a joke in a car of that size.

Seriously Uncool.

It's an ugly car from an unknown brand with an uninspiring engine and at a guess uninspiring handling.

There's no redeeming feature that makes it a "Good" car by my own personal definition, so is it cool?

No, seriously so infact.
I can't begin to imagine explaining "What I drive these days" if I had the keys to one of these.. nothing about it is cool, even if it's unique and outgoing.

An interesting first effort though and I look forward to their future attempts if they don't go under.. in fact this model wouldn't look quite so bad if they'd only gone with frameless doors..

Uncool.

Doesn't look bad, just looks a little odd and stretched out. Also needs a better engine.

But American manufacturers hardly even use cubic inches for displacement. Might as well have used gallons.

Needs a turbo and RWD to match the looks. If it had those, I would have to seriously consider voting cool. But it doesn't, so uncool it is.

It's a 1.4 ton... something... powered by a 4G18.

Not one of those new 4A9 motors (which are excellent), but the 4G18.

The ancient 4G18.

Not even the non-variable valve 4G92, which could still get some Mitsu-geek panties all a-quiver... no, it's a damn 4G18. Which was not even cool within that specific subset of motors available in certain Mitsubishis of years past.

It's like they weren't even trying, honestly.

But given the rest of the Tagaz line-up is made of three-generation out-of-date Ssangyongs (which the Russians keep referring to as Daewoos, strangely), you have to wonder if they are trying at all.

-

Still:

Faster than a Corvette, drifts like a champ, sounds like a Ferrari. What's not to like? :dopey:

The video? Subzero.

The car? I'm torn between giving it a ten for chutzpah or a negative eleven for the crimes against humanity.

But dear Lord, do I want to drive one now... no matter how horrible it is.

It's like a wonderfully, insanely polished turd.

It looks like it could be ok.

Then you find out it's gutless.

Then you find out the interior sucks.

It's still a turd.

Uncool.

From some angles, it almost approaches attractive.

But from others, it's schizophrenic. And much as he usually talks arse-gravy, W&N's assertion that the engine is too small is pretty much right - a car like this both needs and deserves something with a bit more zing.

However, that's nothing to do with whether it's cool or not. It's uncool, but that's because it looks a bit like someone built it in their shed from an assorted mix of parts from other cars. A car you've built yourself isn't necessarily uncool, but a car that looks like you've built it yourself is.

Back