• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2013+ Toyota RAV4 nominated by MoLiEG

article-toyota-rav4-mejor-eleccion-seguridad-94050-518a3c2aa8c0d.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2013+
Style: 5-door wagon
Engine: 3ZR-FAE 121 ci/1,986 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 155 HP & 144 lb-ft), 2AR-FE 152 ci/2,494 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 179 HP & 172 lb-ft), 2AD-FTV 136 ci/2,231 cc turbocharged diesel DOHC inline 4 (rated 148? HP & 251? lb-ft), 2AD-FHV 136 ci/2,231 cc turbocharged diesel DOHC inline 4 (rated 174? HP & 295? lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic, CVT with 7-speed manual mode
Layout: Front-engine, Front- or All-wheel-drive​

Oh boy, where to start with this thing?

-Stereotypical choice of fashionably left-leaning "active lifestyle" types. Go to a ski resort town and you'll see millions of this and the Subaru Forester, Legacy, and Legacy/Impreza Outback.
-Pretending to be an SUV, when it's really just a jacked up wagon
-Doesn't even have a V6 option anymore
-Not that good-looking

If this hippie-mobile doesn't hit at least the dungeon, that's criminal.

:lol:

More and more often (this has been happening for quite some time) people vote in these threads based on other GTP-members' reactions to the suggested car.

I said "Meh."

Relatively reasonable as a family rider in many ways.

That said.
W&N has no place doing the Cool Wall.
He/ you are completely out of line to place an opinion with every OP. You show an immediate bias to every car and more often than not you are totally out of line.
Btw, when I say out of line I don't mean... You aren't a man because you don't want a hybrid (like last week).

Oh no. :(
I mean, W&N is completely out of line because he can't follow a basic rule of ethics that prevents the administrator of a program from influencing the outcome of said program.

I'm sick of this sort of biased presentation.
Petition will ensue (as a normal member and nothing more).

Don't. :lol:

-Stereotypical choice of fashionably left-leaning "active lifestyle" types. Go to a ski resort town and you'll see millions of this and the Subaru Forester, Legacy, and Legacy/Impreza Outback.

It's the 'stereotypical' choice for a reason. Stress-free motoring for people whose lives are too busy (not relating political agendas to cars on the internet) to accommodate something exciting/risky. Much like how the early nineties Sunbird is the stereotypical choice for a trailer trash teen's first car.

Because its consumer-base wants it so?

It wasn't necessary.

-Not that good-looking

Too feminine?

Hippies drive derelict Volvo 240s, not brand new mainstream crossovers.

All 4 window regulator motors in the doors of this thing were probably made by me (Front and rear units are different, as are the left and right sides.), and I can guarantee they will work. 👍

If they fail, it wasn't on the line I was on, or the shift I was on. That is my excuse and I will stick to it!

"active lifestyle" types.

Oh noes, exercise.

Not a 1st gen, and while it may be a good car, it's just boring.

All 4 window regulator motors in the doors of this thing were probably made by me (Front and rear units are different, as are the left and right sides.), and I can guarantee they will work. 👍

If they fail, it wasn't on the line I was on, or the shift I was on. That is my excuse and I will stick to it!

I went by a Toyota dealership the other day and saw a few of these cars smoking from the windows.
They then exploded and bits of molten metal rained down, destroying everything.

A window motor landed beside me, still on fire. It had a little "Made by Azure Flare" etched into it.

:grumpy:

I wonder how many of these with a 6-speed actually exist (probably not in lazy-ass 'Merica though), I wanna get my heel-'n-toe on just for giggles.

The only people who drive these things are people who should be driving Skoda Fabias, but are too insecure and / or paranoid to do so.

More uncool than you can imagine.

Uncool. Default choice of school-run mums here in the UK.

Hmm... Not at the one I constantly have my driveway blocked by parents who think its acceptable to turn up an hour early to pick their kids up from live on the same road as. They mainly seem to drive XC90s, with a few CR-Vs and an occasional Touareg mixed in. That said, it's a catholic school, so whether or not people feel that they need to buy something more extravagant than a RAV-4 to prove that they're "catholic" and actually get their kids into the local school could be a factor.

Last edited:
Uncool. Small 4WD SUV that doesn't do much to deserve it's 4WD since it's a soccer mom ride, which would have been enough to give it a SU vote. Then I saw the rant in the OP...

I find it seriously uncool that the one in charge of the Cool Wall here is heavily biased.

I couldn't even remember what the current RAV4 looked like until now. I just know it as "That car they always have on display at the shopping centre that no one takes any notice of while the Toyota salesmen/women look around aimlessly".

When I think RAV4, I think 1st gen. All other iterations are indistinct masses of *yawn* seen parked outside schools up and down the country.

-Not that good-looking

Silly W&N. This isn't a Toyota Urban Cruiser.

Last edited:
Low cool. I own a small SUV (not a RAV4, but similiar) like this one and find it to be cool and very useful vehicle. Loses points for the looks having no V6 option anymore.

For the record, I'm definitely not fashionable, I don't lean to the left politically, and I don't have an active lifestyle and never been to a ski resort.

I went by a Toyota dealership the other day and saw a few of these cars smoking from the windows.
They then exploded and bits of molten metal rained down, destroying everything.

A window motor landed beside me, still on fire. It had a little "Made by Azure Flare" etched into it.

:grumpy:

I call BS on that, QC won't let me do that.

Also, the electric motors on them are not made by me, so I can't be blamed for that. :P

Last edited:
It's reasonably quick. It has pretty good handling. It looks sharp.

Meh. Still just another crossover.

I'd love to give it a sub zero vote just because of the idiotic rant in the OP but that isn't fair to the cool wall. Seriously uncool it is.

Short-wheelbase convertible crossovers need to be a thing again.

It's hideous and it's a Toyota.

Toyota is perfectly capable of making a very cool car (like the 2000GT, the original Celica, and the Mk. IV Supra), but the only one that is even remotely cool is the 86 GT/GT86, but even that car has a few shortcomings.

As an owner of a small AWD SUV I can really appreciate their practicality and usefulness. Unfortunately that doesn't make it cool. Low meh, I think they look better than the previous generations.

Toyota is perfectly capable of making a very cool car (like the 2000GT, the original Celica, and the Mk. IV Supra), but the only one that is even remotely cool is the 86 GT/GT86, but even that car has a few shortcomings.

The Mk. IV Supra in my opinion is the only Toyota that is cool.

Back