United States
Wasilla, AK
2013+ V8 Supercar nominated by Murcie_LP640

1280px-V8_Supercar_COTF_Manufacturers_combined.jpg

Volvo-V8Supercars_E7R1924.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2013+
Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: Various ~5.0 liter naturally aspirated V8s (manufacturers can use their own engine modified to the series rules, or they can use a generic engine provided - these engines are estimated to produce about 635 HP)
Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
Shells: Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore, Nissan Altima, Mercedez-Benz E63 AMG, Volvo S60 Polestar​

My take? Very mixed on this one. I like the look of them, very production-like... but that's where the similarities end, as the series appears to be some kind of shillouette-formula concoction with a healthy dose of NASCAR in all the "control" parts and general attempt to make the cars as alike as possible.

Seriously uncool. Not street legal, goofy liveries etc. Ugly sedans. No thanks.

Nope and I have absolutely 0 interest.

Though I suppose I was a tad harsh, but that's just how I feel. Racing bores me unless I'm the one doing it.

@Slash Have you ever watched V8 Supercars before?

Small language warning

Watch that, then come back.

Whincup should have given it some jandal.

Sub-zero, easily. 👍
goofy liveries etc.

The FPR Falcon livery in the OP is terrible, no wonder they dumped it half way through '13. This year's livery is much better (apart from the misplaced Castrol logo).

FPR-2014.png

Racing bores you but watching YouTube videos of Mustangs with open headers doesn't? That doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Anyways, I love V8 Supercars but I have to vote seriously uncool.
For some reason, yes. I like street cars more so anyways. They actually interest me. Racing doesn't. But lets not get too off topic here.

Last edited:
The Ford, Holden, Erebus, and Nissan are all seriously uncool, but the Volvo is sub zero. Averages out to seriously uncool.

The Ford, Holden, Erebus, and Nissan are all seriously uncool, but the Volvo is sub zero. Averages out to seriously uncool.

Actually averages out to 'uncool', but I get your point.

Unfortunately, V8 Supercars is tainted by bogans who are its primary spectator and purchaser of high-performance Ford and Holden production cars. Possibly, this says something about the racing series itself. Meh.

This is about as far as NASCAR should have ever gone in terms of silhouette instead of the nonsense that started in the late 1990s before ending up with what we have today.

Silhouette racers are still seriously uncool even by the standards of race cars, though.

Meh. I enjoyed watching V8 Supercars on TV back in the days of Mark Skaife vs Marcos Ambrose and Greg Murphy. Then my interest wained dramatically as I became more interested in BTCC.

Last edited:
I voted cool. Every ounce of my being wanted me to vote uncool or seriously uncool.... but.... I just couldn't for some reason....

Without being legends they are cool racecars made from boring saloons. I love V8 supercars. I'm bit between SU because racecar and Cool because race cars

Among racing cars, and judging their coolness as racing cars, they're awesome. They're Australian, of course they rucking fule! Gets a Sub Zero for me.

For some reason, yes. I like street cars more so anyways. They actually interest me. Racing doesn't. But lets not get too off topic here.
Then you are not a true automotive enthusiast.

Voting Sub Zero because it's the best racing on the planet right now, hands down. And the cars, although on a common chassis, still look about as close to their street counterparts without actually using their chassis. Which is good enough for me.

Back