2-door coupé
Engine: 4.0L twin turbocharged V8
Power: 572 hp
Torque: 516 ft-lbs
Weight: 2120 kg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information:
Based on the V8 Continental GT, the GT3-R is a 300-unit limited run special designed to celebrate Bentley's return to international motorsport with it's customer GT3 racing program. The GT3-R loses 100kg in weight and is billed as the most driver-focused Bentley road car.​

344_main_l.jpg
continental-gt3-r-full.jpg
2015-Bentley-Continental-GT3-R-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg
The-2015-BENTLEY-CONTINENTAL-GT3-R-12.jpg

I like it, but I'm probably going to be the minority compared to the people who think it looks like a boyhood racer with a supercharged 8-cylinder in it.

Meh. This is the one time I think a car company should ditch the road car and keep the race car.

The normal Continental is cool, a version with a bunch of letters and numbers isn't.

If they decided to use the chassis and nose on a single seater version with an aero screen, sold it in dark green and switched to supercharging, then it couldn't be any more uncool than this.

SU.

Only slightly lighter, adds in a few tasteless side stripes and interior, and most of all, still keep the car in Automatic.

Yeah, naw. SU by a mile.

Whilst in theory I quite like the idea of making a big cruiser into more of a sporty, driver focused machine, I think the GT3-R isnt the best example of it. Not executed that well, very tacky, and at the end of the day still a big, soft, 2-tonne plus VW Phaeton...I mean Bentley Continental.

Edit: I change my mind it's definitely uncool, but too late to change that :lol:

Last edited:
Whilst it works better than the older W12 Supersports, it's still too big and too heavy for it's intended purpose.

Meh.

Initial thought was uncool, but I looked at it for a bit longer and it's seriously uncool. The stripes and spoiler don't blend well with the body.

It caught me off guard with the name though.

Uncool. Would rather have the Supersport.
images

At least the '10 Continental Supersport looks happy rather than the '15 GT3-R that looks confused.

Last edited:
Run, Fat Boy, Run!

It has the same problems as the old Continental Supersports.

It is trying so hard to be a light Hardcore model which removed 100 whole kilograms from the mass of the regular not-Volkswagen Phaeton that it forgets it is still obese and that it's a goddamn Bentley.

It is trying so hard to be a sports car that it is comprimised due to being a Bentley and needing a good solid thunk when you close the door. It just ends up being an awkward middle ground.

If you wanted a sports car, you would look elsewhere. If you wanted a Bentley, you would just get a Continental GT Speed or V8S if speed is what your after. They are still rather fast cars after all.

Seriously Uncool.

About as good an idea as letting Kahn get hold of your Range Rover. Seriously, SERIOUSLY uncool.

Back