Engines:
6.2L Supercharged V8 (GM LT4)
Power: 650 hp
Torque: 650 lb-ft.
Weight: 1617 kg
Transmission: 7-speed manual, 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "The first Corvette Z06 to be offered as a convertible in regular production (The C6 427 convertible had Z06 hardware on a regular Corvette chassis, and I think one of the C2 Z06s was sold as a convertible), the first to offer an automatic transmission, and the first with a removable roof panel on the coupe, just like lesser Corvettes. Previous Z06s were manual only fixed roof coupes. Per Car and Driver's testing, the automatic coupe can reach 60 in 3 seconds flat. Not bad for a rear drive."​
2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-top-view.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-9.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-side.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-rear-three-quarters.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-convertible-rear-three-quarter.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Price.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-convertible-cockpit.jpg

I love it with all in my heart but a Corvette is absolutely pointless in the UK so uncool it is.

A Corvette is absolutely pointless everywhere.
Everywhere except America. Anywhere outside of the Land Of The Free a Corvette is absolutely stupid. I do love Corvettes and it is awesome when you see one but you look an absolute tool driving one

A Corvette with tacky carbon bits on it. The C6 was a better looker and was a bit more subtle. Plus you'll look like a tosser driving one outside of America.

Uncool.

A Corvette with tacky carbon bits on it. The C6 was a better looker and was a bit more subtle. Plus you'll look like a tosser driving one outside of America.

Uncool.
I think the Corvette is getting more civilized but still looks ridiculous. One of the worst in that regard. I think the most subtle Corvette is the C5.

@SomePlayaDude Ford GT is SU for me. Big V8 muscle car with racing stripes and only exists because of a racing car from over 50 years ago.

Read a test on this vs a 991 GT3 in one of the British car mags... the Journo said the Vette was a complete animal, and only lacked some of the finer damping control and feedback of the Porsche... and it would absolutely annihilate it on the road and the track.

Not sure I could drive the car above as it's a bit tacky, but in black the stuck on bits might look a bit less obvious.

Still not cool though.

Everywhere except America. Anywhere outside of the Land Of The Free a Corvette is absolutely stupid. I do love Corvettes and it is awesome when you see one but you look an absolute tool driving one

BS.

It's only pointless in the UK because there is no steering wheel on the wrong side option available.

It will feel right at home on mainland Europe.

BS.

It's only pointless in the UK because there is no steering wheel on the wrong side option available.

And what about the small Italian towns? The Vette is far too big

IIRC from the article I read, the Vette is no bigger than a widebody 991.

I've seen more Corvette's on the roads in Italy than Lambo's or Ferrari's.
Edit: Well, Lambo's at least, I saw quite a few Ferrari's :P but there was a surprising amount of Corvette's.

Last edited:
It's a big ass 'marican car where it's goes on street screaming and shouting saying "OH LOOK AT ME WITH THAT UGLY BODY KIT AND MOAR POWARRR THAT WAKES UP EVERY SINGLE PEOPLE ON THE BLOCK 'CAUSE 'MARICA 🤬 YEAH!!!!"

I don't know why the hell but i like it for some weird reasons...

Absolutely magnificent, but unless you know cars it's still just a tackier version of an already uncool car. Plus it's an "hardcore track-day car" available as a convertible, which, when we're not talking about Radicals and such, is bit stupid if you ask me. Seriously uncool.

The base C7 might actually be cool. But not this. It's a great looking thing and it's totally mental, but to the average person it just looks ridiculous and childish. SU because you'll look like a knob. Especially with that massive grin on your face.

Oh, and to add to the discussion on size, the C7 isn't as big as people think, especially when compared to its competitors. The 991 is HUGE!

Last edited:
And what about the small Italian towns?

When was the last time you drove through a small Italian town?

Heck, Lamborghinis are built in a small Italian town, and you wouldn't get one of those down a Sant'Agata side street.

The Vette is far too big

I assume you didn't bother to look up the dimensions of a current Corvette Z06. If you had, you'd have found it's the same length, width (to within a few cm) and weight as a 911 GT3 and a 458. It's narrower than a Huracan. It's smaller and lighter than a Vanquish.

That it seems to generate so much hatred from the other side of the pond makes it cooler.

*Not a Like/Hate wall*

We* don't hate it. It just isn't cool.

*'We' being normal car folk. The ZOMGSKYLINESRTHEBST crowd probably think differently, but they come from all over.

I love it with all in my heart but a Corvette is absolutely pointless in the UK so uncool it is.
Yes, because you buy a sports car for practical reasons don't you?
The same can be said for any modern car. It's a pretty bad example really.

Anyway. Cool, because it just is.

That it seems to generate so much hatred from the other side of the pond makes it cooler.

Antagonising people is cool now? Huh. Learn something new everyday.

BS.

For £95,000 (US$143,000), average economy but higher emissions related tax, it's a lot of a compromise, and perhaps even less appealing given the European competition. You're essentially paying £40,000 extra for American quality - in the UK you'll be doing well to find many people that see that as worthwhile, however good the Z06 may or may not actually be.

Back