GTP Cool Wall: 2014+ Ford Mustang

2014+ Ford Mustang

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a mustang. It replaces the Falcon in Aus soon (as much as it displeases me the Falcons going) and I think it looks really nice
Solid cool for me

Last edited:
I feel like being an American, I have to vote Cool. No matter what your opinions are, if it has a V8 and a solid roof people will think you're cool.

Cool. Ford finally made a Mustang that was a sports car with a good suspension setup and plenty of engine choices. I wouldn't mind a turbo 4 Mustang with Cobb tune on it.

It's amazing how quickly opinion on the car's looks have changed over the last 12-18 months.

Cool. It's good-looking, fun, and manages to both not blend in, while not shouting about how much it stands out. The GT350 ranks high, while the GT350R ranks low. The more usual trim levels all huddle around between them, while even base versions can look good this generation. Also, black taillight panels are like the arse-end equivalent of pop-up headlights on cars.

I'm giving it a cool solely because of the increased overall quality and the GT350/R

It's one of those vehicles that isn't overdone in looks unlike some other cars these days.

Cool.

It's amazing how quickly opinion on the car's looks have changed over the last 12-18 months.

I can understand that some people don't like the looks, but I have a hard time digesting some of the reasoning behind the distaste. I've always thought it was a nice, clean, modern design that still used enough Mustang design cues to tie into its heritage.

Torn on whether it's cool. I'd say it's because it's too soon to tell, but the MX-5 is just barely out and I think it's absolutely sub-zero.

It's still a Mustang... and all the positive (iconic) and negative (limited edition big money Shelby editions for gold-chain retirees) that implies.

Have to mull(et) over it a bit.

Decent variety of engine options for a car that's pretty good all-around. I was worried that Ford would take the angry catfish look from the Fusion and slap it on the Mustang, but they did a great job designing the car. They didn't go too radical with the design, while still maintaining minor elements that go back to the original Mustangs. Sub-Zero.

I can understand that some people don't like the looks, but I have a hard time digesting some of the reasoning behind the distaste. I've always thought it was a nice, clean, modern design that still used enough Mustang design cues to tie into its heritage.
Same here. There are some messy details (more likely a result of having to conform to pedestrian safety standards than anything) that the 2010 restyle carried a bit better, but once it became clear that it wasn't just the Ford Evos with a Mustang badge I haven't really grasped the problem.

Not the greatest looking Mustang, and doesn't come even close to first gens (67-70s in particular), but it's not too bad compared to the crap most companies make these days.

Also I might get hate for saying this, but I think a 4 cylinder Mustang is useless. It sound like trash IMO.

Therefore, it gets a low cool from me.

The first Mustang since 1967 that looks good in it's most basic form. Low cool.

How is that so if the 68 looks almost exactly the same? :P

Though I think any Mustang fastbacks from 67-70 look good in any way, but I guess that's because I think they're the best looking cars of all time.

Last edited:
How is that so if the 68 looks almost exactly the same? :P

My bad. i meant 'since 1966' The face lifted 67-onwards 1st gens, had that jutting-out front grill. The fastback, even in basic form just about pulled it off. The notchback/coupe just looked goofy.

800px-67_Ford_Mustang.jpg

Not sold on the looks at all, much preferred the retro styling of the last generation (including the one a few posts above). This one seems to have gone the Dodge route of a pointier nose and those pinched-looking headlights. Rest is all kinds of generic "modern" pony/muscle car. That said, plus points for Ecoboost, and independent suspension is always a winner. Balances out to a Meh for me.

Back