Body Styles: 3-door hatchback​
kia-proceed-gt-2014-01.jpg

2013-kia-pro-ceed-gt_100417239_l.jpg

Kia-Proceed-GT-2014--(2).jpg

PMS_pro_ceed_gt_image14.jpg

The coolest Kia yet.

But still not yet cool.

Looks a little try-hard.

Can't bring myself to go Uncool on this because in all fairness Kia have a mammoth job of shifting their stale brand image.

It's in the right direction, but not quite there.

Meh.

I think, just about, Kia have now shaken off their iffy image.

Cool.

Something I didn't think I'd ever say when I was fourteen: That's a really nice looking Kia.

It's understated and handsome. Even if you told people that you drive a Kia, they'd probably sneer until they saw it, at which point they'd nod with pleasant surprise. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and just go with cool.

Not completely sold on the ice cube lights, but it's a genuinely good looking car otherwise, especially in comparison to the standard-bearer Golf. Sadly, we don't quite get it here, instead getting the duller Forte Koup or five-door.

Kias aren't cool yet, but they're on the right path.

I'll give it a cool. This seems like an alright vehicle, but I still like the GTI better.

Put one of these next to an older Kia and you will see just how far the brand has progressed from the days when their cars could only elicit a "Thanks, but no thanks" response from possible owners. Yes, there are a few details about the Pro Cee'd that could be improved, but I find it nice-looking and reasonably well-built. Kia still has years of sheer SU ratings to shake off (and I believe that one day they will be able to shake them all off, the time is just not now), but this one Kia is still a good proposal for anyone who desires a hot-hatch on a level close to the Golf GTI, but cannot quite match the pricetag of a Golf.

As it stands, I'll give it a low cool. In the world where all Golfs look alike, it's always good to have some sort of freshness injection in their segment. And the Kia delivers it, regardless of brand value.

Pretty good competitor to the Golf GTI and, despite being a Kia, it still looks cool.

Kia, which to be fair 10 years ago meant cheap crap, has actually became one of the mainstream manufacturers, and aren't nearly the worst one at that. They haven't been making anything even close to cool though, until the three door came out, which is still low cool, but cool nonetheless.

The Pro/underscore reeks of "try-hard" on an otherwise decent-looking, respectable hatchback. But I wouldn't feel at all ashamed by saying it's one of the nicest hot hatch designs of the last half-decade.

Cool? Just out of reach.

Doesn't look that great. Front end looks like it's disgusted at something. 200hp from a 1.6 turbo isn't bad though.

Still uncool.

It looks great for a Kia, but it's a Kia. So it balances out to Meh.

Kia and Hyundai have already transcended their status from 10 years ago here. The Hyundai Veloster is the second-highest selling sports car in Australia (if you can really call it that but I digress) and then Kia brought this, tuned it for Australian roads and made a Golf-killer.

A shame it doesn't come with an auto yet though.

But it is extremely good to drive.

Sub-Zero.

Kia!

No longer just for poor people. Now young :censored:s of all prosperity can revel in supermarket handbrake turn contests!

Latest Posts

Back