Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive​

811302_dsc2555.jpg
Leon-MK3-26-209-L-0-7488.jpg
seat_leon_sc_cupra_290_27.jpeg
leon-st-supra-280-020.jpg
leon-st-supra-280-014.jpg
seat_leon_st_cupra_290_16.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer the looks of it over the Golf, a shame it is a brand virtually unknown over here. I will give it a cool, because it looks like something I wouldn't mind owning.

Impressive car, but the 3-door and 5-door look slightly anonymous. They resemble the VW Scirocco Peugeot 308 GTI, and even the Alfa Romeo Giuletta in a way, too heavily.

On a different note, the wagon bumps my vote up to Cool.

These are just going to fall into the hands of those tossers who drive at the rev limit at 2am eyeing up girls outside clubs and don't think they'll be associated with the VAG crowd. Uncool.

This.

I voted uncool but it's on the verge of seriously uncool. A slightly attractive design and wagon version save it from SU but not by much.

SEATs struggle stand out from the VAG crowd with their recent corporate styling especially with Skoda upping their game. This isn't a bad looker by any stretch but it's a far cry from their more characterful efforts a decade ago.

What @SVT Cobra GT says also rings true here and with the Ibiza Cupra.

Uncool.

Last edited:
The second one (Mk2) was somehow special in its own way, but this one fails to impress and differ from other VAG products. I'm glad it comes in wagon form, though. Hence Meh.

Cool based entirely on its forbidden fruit status here. Really prefer the looks of this to the mk7 Golf.

This was the apparently the first FF road car to dip under 8 minutes at the Nurburgring, so it has that credibility. Otherwise I'd just buy the AWD Golf R.

Meh.

"Let's sit in Maccies car park and share one small Coke between five of us mateeeeee"

Owners don't always affect a car's coolness, nor are they always the same, but they can't be overlooked in this case. Uncool, almost seriously so.

Every single SEAT Leon is driven everywhere like the owner is hoping relativistic time dilation will save them vital seconds to find the antidote for the implausible McGuffin poison they've been given.

Cool, basically for the same reasons as what Kyle said. That's forbidden fruit here in the US thanks to our safety and emission regulations, it stands out a lot more to me in comparison to the Mk.7 Golf GTI.

I'd rather buy some other hot hatch over this. It may be fast but the Golf R is just a lot better in every way.

Uncool.

Sadly, these have fallen prey of the VAG scene here. Sadly, because they are actually awesome.

Uncool.

Is that a matte paint in the first image?

Doesn't seem like it to me, look at the reflections on the far right of the front bumper.

seat-leon-cupra-290-car-wallpaper-40637.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like it to me, look at the reflections on the far right of the front bumper.
Higher resolution helps. I was prepared to "vote" "SU because matte paint option," but instead it's a Meh. :P

If Skoda sold a hot hatch, this would have been it.
Put the "boney-fish-chicken-arrow" badge on the front and I'd vote "Cool".

Back