2-door coupé
Engine: 6.0L V12
Power: 592 hp
Torque: 461 ft-lbs
Weight: 1565 kg
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
The hardcore Vantage GT12 represents the swansong for Aston's naturally aspirated V12 engine and is one of 2 hardcore models built as a last hurrah for the current generation Vantage alongside the V8 engined GT8. Extensive use of carbon components and a titanium exhaust system help shed 100kg of weight. Production is limited to 100 examples and all of them sold out.​

maxresdefault.jpg
aston_martin_v12_vantage_gt12_16.jpeg
aston-gt12-ac-web-010.jpg
2015_aston_martin_vantage_gt12_29_2560x1440.jpg
aston-gt12-ac-web-004.jpg

I want one, quite badly. Though it doesn't replace the V8 Vantage S in my dream garage, it's a much different beast. That's Anglesey too, isn't it?

SU.

I'd drive an N24(sweating in the heat and all, like James May) over this. Too much flamboyance. The only wings it needs, are on the emblem already.

The Vantage itself is cool, but this one could do without that wing.

Meh

Seriously Uncool as that's where most of the crazy, ultimate versions of supercars or sports cars end up. I really like it, but that's because I love flashy paint jobs on these amped up performance cars. To most people, flashy is uncool and I have a feeling someone is going to ask why the Aston Martin has that front splitter and rear wing.

To most people, flashy is uncool and I have a feeling someone is going to ask why the Aston Martin has that front splitter and rear wing.
Offtopic but I wonder why people will consider flashy cars to be uncool and hate the drivers and passengers? Because here, if someone drives something like a BMW or Lexus or even something like a large American car/truck then people praises them and "oh nice car you have there, so classy!"
But meanwhile if you drive an old Toyota echo then some might laugh at you...some, not all of people tho.

Something like this looks tachy and I can see why people dislike it but the more normal vantage? People will have more positive reply.

Offtopic but I wonder why people will consider flashy cars to be uncool and hate the drivers and passengers? Because here, if someone drives something like a BMW or Lexus or even something like a large American car/truck then people praises them and "oh nice car you have there, so classy!"
Big Trucks and flashy cars are uncool, because it basically means people are showing off for the sake of getting attention. In a summary, it comes down to the drivers associated with the car aswell. Remember the stigma about BMW drivers being jerks? A similar thing could apply to supercar or big truck drivers aswell.

maxresdefault-jpg.650984

This image perfectly captures what many of us say when we find these cars uncool, I see a Jag in the background and compared to this, that actually fits the surroundings this doesn't. This looks like what it is, a car purpose built for the track, not that far off from being the lowest entry version of it's race form. You put it in the public and it looks tacky so far out of place that it isn't cool, but kind of awkward.

As awesome as I think it and other upper level Aston are, it's a purpose car and when it tries to play the other role it can in the image above, it doesn't work. uncool

The GT8 is represented just as well by this post.

Big Trucks and flashy cars are uncool, because it basically means people are showing off for the sake of getting attention. In a summary, it comes down to the drivers associated with the car aswell. Remember the stigma about BMW drivers being jerks? A similar thing could apply to supercar or big truck drivers aswell.
Something like a Ferrari or Lamborghini? Sure.
What i meant is that no one over here buys a lexus, infiniti, Lincoln or Cadillac to show off. Sure it can be show-offy if someone went to a poorer place or went away from the cities and to the country sides or small villages but they aren't that out of usual if you're talking about more fancy places or just the average capital cities.

Something like a caterham or bac mono or a buggati chiron on the other hand, yep definitely out if place.

What i meant is that no one over here buys a lexus, infiniti, Lincoln or Cadillac to show off. Sure it can be show-offy if someone went to a poorer place or went away from the cities and to the country sides or small villages but they aren't that out of usual if you're talking about more fancy places or just the average capital cities.
Yes, I got that the first time. However, that isn't the case everywhere. In the US, luxury car drivers aren't exactly always show-offy either, buuuut they are sometimes driven by jerks as I said before. They will do things such as tailgate people on the road, cut people off, swerve through lanes without using signals, and double park (sometimes even take up to 4 parking spaces).

For an example, one of the first times I've seen a C7 Corvette; the driver took up 4 driving spaces. There was a guy at my college that has double parked his Saab a few times even.

Yes, I got that the first time. However, that isn't the case everywhere. In the US, luxury car drivers aren't exactly always show-offy either, buuuut they are sometimes driven by jerks as I said before. They will do things such as tailgate people on the road, cut people off, swerve through lanes without using signals, and double park (sometimes even take up to 4 parking spaces).

For an example, one of the first times I've seen a C7 Corvette; the driver took up 4 driving spaces. There was a guy at my college that has double parked his Saab a few times even.
Well that makes sense now, thanks. :)

In the cool wall thread about the Porsche GT3 RS I called that cool despite the tackiness and all the things that come along with a track toy, but this is uncool.

A base Vantage is cool, but one with wings and decals isn't. A wing on any Aston is uncool.

Back