Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Suspension and aerodynamics are fully adjustable."​
01-mopar-sema-2014-1.jpg

2016-Dodge-Viper-ACR-4.jpg

dodge-viper-acr-concept-2014-sema-show-06.JPG

06-ptHn66Z.jpg
mp014_029dg.jpg
mp014_030dg.jpg

Tacky as all hell and positively ancient compared to a GT3 RS or a GT-R Nismo.

Uncool.

Seriously uncool. The Viper lost it's way and went from something that was a spiritual successor to the Shelby Cobra to something that's just like every other high powered sports car on the market. This ACR incarnation also seemed to have lost the appeal that the original ACR had back in 99.

It's an amazing track car, or I at least think so, but it won't be cool.

It's basically for similar reasons as the Porsche 911 GT3 RSs, the previous gen Viper ACR, the Gallardo Superleggera, or the Citroen DS3 Racing. It's flashy and people will think it looks tacky or something. So, I went with uncool.
With that said, I like it!

Uncool. I love Vipers but I never like the latest ACR's (starting with the '08 model). The stupid stripe and massive wing just make it look awful.

Signature edition basketball sneaker for middle aged men who never play basketball.

Seriously Uncool.

Ever heard of a thing called downforce? Maybe it's necessary for it to have a big wing to keep it on the track because it's rear wheel drive.

Ever heard of a thing called downforce? Maybe it's necessary for it to have a big wing to keep it on the track because it's rear wheel drive.
The standard Viper GTS can stay on the track just fine without the need for an enourmous wing on it.

It doesn't make it look any less tacky though.

Here's the original ACR, no massive rear spoiler, no front splitters, no other tacky bits. Just some different wheels and some stripes.

dodge-viper-gts-acr-01.jpg
But that is nowhere near as fast as this ACR because of the lack of downforce.

I'd say it's going to be among the best road cars ever made, just needs to be tested. The aero package is actually functional instead of some fake aesthetic package, it looks better than those fake aesthetic packages. All it's really missing are side skirts.

The standard Viper GTS can stay on the track just fine without the need for an enourmous wing on it.

If you want to drive half as fast.

Seriously uncool. The Viper lost it's way and went from something that was a spiritual successor to the Shelby Cobra to something that's just like every other high powered sports car on the market. This ACR incarnation also seemed to have lost the appeal that the original ACR had back in 99.
I don't think the Cobra thing ever went anywhere. The closest they got to that was making a crummy roadster in 1992 and it didn't even take the best thing from the Shelby, light weight. Later cars even up to this day kept up high power numbers, a manual, and the potential for infinite tomfoolery while gaining much track performance so I don't think much was lost.

This ACR and the 08 ACR define the Viper for me. It's the non ACR versions that are more like every other sports car on the road, I feel.

Last edited:
But that is nowhere near as fast as this ACR because of the lack of downforce.

I didn't say it was faster, although faster at what I'm not sure, I said it wasn't tacky and stupid looking.

I actually think now that this gen Viper is really boring. Whereas the current Corvette is good as ever.
Seriously Uncool.

Wait, you guys do know that downforce makes a car slower, not faster, right? But more planted in corners, perhaps that's what you meant ;)

Which allows the car to take the corners at a higher speed, which translates to faster lap times. So I'd say it would be perfectly correct to say downforce makes the car faster, just not faster in a straight line.

Latest Posts

Back