GTP Cool Wall: 2015 Equus Bass 770

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 68 comments
  • 6,001 views

2015 Equus Bass 770


  • Total voters
    128
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
Messages
13,409
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2015 Equus Bass 770 nominated by @EvanJamesLee

PhotoGallery_Site_Equus_1400x800_25of70.jpg


Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: LS9 Supercharged 6.2L V8
Power: 640 hp
Torque: 605 lb-ft
Weight: 1570 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: "The 2015 EQUUS is born of an abiding passion for genuine 1960’s and 1970's era muscle cars. The rare seductive power of those legendary beauties, brought on by their unique fastback signature, enraptures and enthrals to this day. Proudly, the EQUUS sets a new measure in the hand-build luxury automobile class as a brand-new muscle car bringing together the best of 21st century American technological savoir-faire."​

2014_equus_bass770-5516c64526f76.jpg

Equus-Automotive-Bass-770.jpg
PhotoGallery_Site_Equus_1400x800_33of70_2.jpg
356916,xcitefun-equus-bass-car-14.jpg
 
A textbook example of how to take a classic Mustang and ruin it.

SU.
 
Uses a French term to talk about its American qualities?

SU.
 
The engine swap is nice, too bad about the rest... SU. Equus has a bad habit of using genuine Shelby GT350/500 cars to do similar things to which helps seal the deal.
 
Uncool. I want to like it, but it just doesn't click. :indiff:
 
I actually like it, but I'm kinda confused by the name.

+EDIT $534k starting price? $634k for the "bespoke"?

Getting a couple real Mustangs and a Ferrari instead would be less.
 
Last edited:
Pointless. Plenty of people making a better job of this without somehow trying to rob Mustangs of their identities. If it was built from the ground up it would at least be intriguing, but the suggestion that they are using Shelbys as donors is the final nail in a Seriously Uncool coffin.

(Also what's with the name? Horse Fish?)
 
Why are people hating this? Sure the description are ridiculously hyperbolic but the car is cool TBH.
 
I gave it some thought debating whether it was cool or uncool, and then I remembered that this is a classic example of how to update an old and proven idea properly. So, low cool for looking generic.
 
Why are people hating this? Sure the description are ridiculously hyperbolic but the car is cool TBH.
I'm assuming price and the fact that it's based off a genuine Shelby.
 
Let me clarify, no Shelby cars are harmed making this model. They have cut up a few making prototypes according to Hot Rod magazine though.

The car seems to be well built and have many things done right. For the asking price there are many, many cars I would have in a heartbeat over it.
 
Mustang shape, Mopar ass and nose, and GM power. I dunno what to make of it.

No vote for now.

Edit.

+EDIT $534k starting price? $634k for the "bespoke"?

Seriously uncool.
 
Last edited:
Sure it looks nice, but who would buy it for THAT much?

Meh.
 
I like it, cool. Purists won't and neither will those who don't like the original boss to begin with. I don't know much about it tbh but if it's sound in construction that would be even better.
 
Well I wish I knew the price before voting. :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for allowing me to change my vote! 👍
 
Last edited:
The Equus Bass 770 sounds like it should look like this:

c7bcce4717eaadd255686743b7647115.jpg


And because it sounds like a fishing boat, it's uncool. Because it's $250,000 and looks ridiculous, it's seriously uncool.
 
Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.
 
Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.

Typically I don't care about price, but paying that much money for something that looks that ridiculous is uncool to me.
 
Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.

I compare the Equus to what else could be had for the same amount of cash and I personally think there are cooler options to be had. I am almost certain I would not consider spending $500k on this, which does impact how cool I perceive it to be.
 
Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.

Because it's sold as a muscle car, and if I recall correctly, muscle cars are powerful cars that were/are available for the masses. This is just another rich boy toy.
 
I kinda like the Grand Theft Auto looking mashup.
 
Looks like a generic muscle car from Burnout. A soulless, ugly Mustang imitation, with a hideous interior. Seriously Uncool.
 
Eeeeeeeeee...

...eeeeeeeeee...

...eeeeeeeww!!!
 
Legro sums it up.
 
Back