PhotoGallery_Site_Equus_1400x800_25of70.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: LS9 Supercharged 6.2L V8
Power: 640 hp
Torque: 605 lb-ft
Weight: 1570 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: "The 2015 EQUUS is born of an abiding passion for genuine 1960’s and 1970's era muscle cars. The rare seductive power of those legendary beauties, brought on by their unique fastback signature, enraptures and enthrals to this day. Proudly, the EQUUS sets a new measure in the hand-build luxury automobile class as a brand-new muscle car bringing together the best of 21st century American technological savoir-faire."​

2014_equus_bass770-5516c64526f76.jpg

Equus-Automotive-Bass-770.jpg
PhotoGallery_Site_Equus_1400x800_33of70_2.jpg
356916,xcitefun-equus-bass-car-14.jpg

The engine swap is nice, too bad about the rest... SU. Equus has a bad habit of using genuine Shelby GT350/500 cars to do similar things to which helps seal the deal.

I actually like it, but I'm kinda confused by the name.

+EDIT $534k starting price? $634k for the "bespoke"?

Getting a couple real Mustangs and a Ferrari instead would be less.

Last edited:
Pointless. Plenty of people making a better job of this without somehow trying to rob Mustangs of their identities. If it was built from the ground up it would at least be intriguing, but the suggestion that they are using Shelbys as donors is the final nail in a Seriously Uncool coffin.

(Also what's with the name? Horse Fish?)

I gave it some thought debating whether it was cool or uncool, and then I remembered that this is a classic example of how to update an old and proven idea properly. So, low cool for looking generic.

Let me clarify, no Shelby cars are harmed making this model. They have cut up a few making prototypes according to Hot Rod magazine though.

The car seems to be well built and have many things done right. For the asking price there are many, many cars I would have in a heartbeat over it.

Mustang shape, Mopar ass and nose, and GM power. I dunno what to make of it.

No vote for now.

Edit.

+EDIT $534k starting price? $634k for the "bespoke"?

Seriously uncool.

Last edited:
I like it, cool. Purists won't and neither will those who don't like the original boss to begin with. I don't know much about it tbh but if it's sound in construction that would be even better.

Well I wish I knew the price before voting. :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for allowing me to change my vote! 👍

Last edited:
Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.

Why should the price factor in? I've never thought of price when deciding if I like anything in life or not.

I compare the Equus to what else could be had for the same amount of cash and I personally think there are cooler options to be had. I am almost certain I would not consider spending $500k on this, which does impact how cool I perceive it to be.

Back