Engines:
2.0L Turbo I4
Power: 306 hp
Torque: 295 lb-ft.
Weight: Unknown
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door hatchback
Additional Info: "0-100km/h (62mph) in 5.7 seconds ; top speed of 270km/h (167mph). Fastest FWD car on the Nürburgring!"​
2015_civic_typer_1a-jpg.322246

2015_civic_typer_2-jpg.322247

2015_civic_typer_4-jpg.322249

2015_civic_typer_3-jpg.322248

£30,000, 310hp factory rice rocket with torsion beam rear suspension. Also VTEC fanboys.

Uncool. Saved from SU as it spawned the race winning BTCC car.

I'm sure it's a fine car, and Honda have done their best to advertise it like it's hot, but it just shouts far too loudly.
Dangerously close to SU, but thankfully for it there's an even less cool hot hatch coming soon, in the form of the new double-chin Focus RS.

I love Hondas, especially fast ones. They're great cars. But this is horrifically uncool. It's a Civic with a big wing, and you cannot get less cool than that.

Last edited:
Since when the Nurburgring became the standard measurement of a vehicle's performance?

Looks alright, but the fanboyism from ricers brings it to an uncool.

Look at it. Actually don't, because that's what a person who drives a car like that probably wants you to do. Plus it's Type-Rä*. Seriously Uncool.

*Typerä means stupid in Finnish.

Is it me or is the 0-60 time some way shy of several models of Focus over the last few years? Surprised this is supposedly quicker. Or the Megane, come to that.

Is it me or is the 0-60 time some way shy of several models of Focus over the last few years? Surprised this is supposedly quicker. Or the Megane, come to that.

I don't think so. The ST's do it in around 6.5 seconds. The Mk2 RS did it in 5.9. The only RS thus far until the Mk3 comes along that is still faster is the RS500 which did 0-60 in 5.6 seconds but that has 345hp.

Seriously uncool. The design of this car is bad, and I agree that it looks too shouty. Worst Type-R Civic so far.

I don't think so. The ST's do it in around 6.5 seconds. The Mk2 RS did it in 5.9. The only RS thus far until the Mk3 comes along that is still faster is the RS500 which did 0-60 in 5.6 seconds but that has 345hp.

Should also be noted that 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) times are usually 0.1 - 0.5 seconds longer than 0-60 mph times because most cars have a shift point at or around 60 mph.

-

So a 5.7 second time can mean anything from 5.2 - 5.6 seconds when measured in 0-60.

-

Not that it matters much. Nurb = automatically seriously uncool.

You can be that one nasally person at the car show who reminds everyone how his car is faster than performance car X over there, car Y with the really cool wheels, and car Z that isn't even supposed to be fast.

Because that guy is really cool.

306hp through the front wheels. Uncool.

Maybe I'm one of the few people who like the exterior design, apart from the silly wing and rear doors. Dat front fender flare.

It was cool right up until I read Nurburgring. Anything claiming to be the fastest around the Ring is automatically uncool.

Back