Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2015 Lister Knobbly nominated by @Lister_Storm
image-jpg.264147

Engines:
3.8L I6 (Jaguar), 4.6L V8 (Chevrolet)
Power: Jaguar: 330 hp; Chevrolet: 315 hp
Torque: Jaguar: 295 lb-ft.; Chevrolet: 290 lb-ft.
Weight: 787 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door open top
Additional Info: "The first new Lister since 2003, continuation of the original Knobbly of the 50's. This is also the last car to be built under the guidance of Brian Lister, the original company founder."​
knobbly1.jpg

lister-car-knobbly-3.jpg

lister-car-knobbly-5.jpg
knobbly4.jpg

You'd look like a knob driving one.

-

But more seriously... cashgrab continuation special. No thanks. Give me something ancient that's been in development continuously since the 50's... like a Super Seven... thanks.

One of the things that makes classic cars so cool is the fact it's been taken care of over a long period of time (or found in disrepair and restored). Cars like this just don't have the same feel as the ones from the original run even if they are pretty much clones for that reason.

Seriously Uncool.

Practically a kit car made built up by the factory. Has one of the immature joke inducing, embarrassing names to grace anything. Too hardcore to be considered classy. Uncool.

Meh. Would be uncool but it has a 283 so that bumps it to a meh.

Trying really, really hard to appeal to a niche within a niche: the part of the leather-cap-and-goggles crowd that actually remembers what these were.

If it were the original, it'd get a Cool for the originality on display - it'd be the original Caine-led Italian Job. This? This is that Hollywood one with Marky Mark.

SVX
Practically a kit car made built up by the factory. Has one of the immature joke inducing, embarrassing names to grace anything. Too hardcore to be considered classy. Uncool.
To be fair, the name may be controversial, but the original car was never named that. It was simply Lister-Jaguar or Lister-Chevrolet. However, in the fifties "Knobbly" was given to it as a nickname and it stuck, becoming an official name for it. For this car, it's technical name is Lister-Jaguar (Or Lister-Chevrolet) "Knobbly". I like the name though. It's catchy.

Uber-rare recreation of a relatively obscure and not particularly pretty '50s racer.

Seriously Uncool.

An original would be a high cool. This 'continuation' is £80k's worth of car selling for £300k because that's close to what an original would be and it allows a deep-pocketed historic racer to compete in prestigious historic events in a brand new car.

Uncool.

Remakes can never match the originals whether they're supercars or historic racers.

Uncool.

Although I quite like it, it has an unfortunate name and it's a recreation of a historical car. The original would have been at least a cool. This is the opposit.

I hate what it is. But I've grown up around them, I've always loved them, so I'm slightly torn...

I'm the niche market idiot who would buy it, I think. If I had the money. I'm going to go for meh.

Jag = Sub, Chev = Cool. Very impressed with that Jag engine, not only more power, but more torque as well? Besides the swooping lines, where the sides of the car are lower than the wheel arches, I just love that.

Sub

Not much difference in concept to a Singer or an Eagle E-Type.

Utterly stunning, and the I6 with modern day tuning is an incredibly good engine.

Cool.

This struggles to get an average 'cool' rating and a 4 door Honda saloon with a 4 pot and a silly rear wing gets an easy cool :lol::lol::lol:

This struggles to get an average 'cool' rating and a 4 door Honda saloon with a 4 pot and a silly rear wing gets an easy cool :lol::lol::lol:

It's an original Honda saloon with a silly wing.

This... this is just a replica.

It's an original Honda saloon with a silly wing.

This... this is just a replica.
Yes, but keep in mind this isn't 'just another replica', it's built by largely the same people using the same tools and jigs to build it. I think 'continuation' is a better word for it than 'replica'.

Yes, but keep in mind this isn't 'just another replica', it's built by largely the same people using the same tools and jigs to build it. I think 'continuation' is a better word for it than 'replica'.
The problem with the new cars is that they'll never have the history like the ones from the 50s. One of these will never take part in Le Mans 24H or some other prestigious classic motorsport event and/or be driven by some now deceased racing driver you've read of from a magazine as a 10 year old. Not that it's a bad thing when driving it, but it would still bother the super rich car collector deep inside me.

Latest Posts

Back