United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2015+ Mazda MX-5 (ND) nominated by @AudiMan2011

Mazda-MX-5-2015-Fahrbericht-ND-Roadster-Bilder-technische-daten-0002_0.jpg

Body Style:
2-door roadster
Engines: 1.5L I4, 2L I4
Power: 129 hp (1.5L), 158 hp (2.0L)
Torque: 111 ft-lbs (1.5L), 148 ft-lbs (2.0L)
Weight: 975-1000 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Mazda's fourth generation MX-5 goes back to the roots of the original with a focus on light weight and making the car fun to drive. Running new SkyActiv engines, the ND MX-5 weighs up to 100kg less than the old NC.​

2016-Mazda-MX-5-01.jpg
mazda-mx5-nd-131-16.jpg
Mazda-MX-5-@-Goodwood-(2).jpg
Mazda-MX-5-GT-2015-roof-static.jpg
2016-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-interior-view.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I misunderstood the "it looks like another car that it isn't so it must be trying to be that despite all the badges" rule...
Now it's not funny. Nowhere is this thread did I say anything like that.

So, um, is every cool wall thread going to have you say weird/dumb/confusing things?
I hope not, and that will only be possible if people like you, and a few others, stop making pointless flame comments.

Cool.
Light weight, modern, probably putting every other stock miata to shame.

I'd have to be convinced that it ever was.
And oddly, before this post, I can't find anywhere in this thread where I've even addressed you, much less accused you of saying something.

So. Moving on.
I'm real confused, and a little angry too.

So you say that you never adressed me, but you kind of are, since it was something I said in the last CW thread and you got mad about it.

If it's not a joke, why bring it up? And you didn't even vote uncool, so I'm confused as to why you posted that.

Loving the specs. Hating the looks. Especially the rear quarter. Looks way to lumpy.

Still cool.

I'm real confused, and a little angry too.
[...]
you got mad about it
Very confused yes. Might help if you stopped painting your own emotions onto other people?

So. MOVING ON.
Cool.
Light weight, modern, probably putting every other stock miata to shame.
Mk1 4 Lyfe.

In seriousness, it's a better cruiser than anything but the PHRT Mk3 and I quite enjoy the drive, but it has a monstrously stupid glovebox and I've not yet found a way to make dropping the roof as simple and quick as the Mk1/2 (which is how they should be driven!).

Also, no pop-up lights, so instantly second-best in the MX-5 tree.

So much fun to drive, even with it's electric steering. Absolutely ruins other Miatas it's so good.

Styling is alright, so just a cool from me. Waiting for it to be available in other colors.

The pleasant smile is gone. Bleh.

Thankfully, it doesn't overdo it on being a car for rappers, billionaires, oil monopolists, and the like.

Uncool.

The gen 1 was cute and cool and the gen 2s were more purposeful and very cool, but they both had personality. This on the other hand isn't cool, not now, not ever. It just seems a bit clinical and the styling grates on me too much. I know that looks don't always equate to how cool a car is, but it does look too much like a cut-price Z4 for me.

Uncool.

It might be because I own one, but whenever I see one, and you could ask my girlfriend, I always point one out. This new ND is no exception.

Latest Posts

Back