GTP Cool Wall: 2015+ Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe (C217)

2015+ Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe (C217)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2015+ Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe (C217) nominated by @Murcie_LP640
2015-Mercedes-S65-AMG-Coupe-side.jpg

Engines:
6.0L Twin Turbo V12
Power: 621 hp
Torque: 738 lb-ft.
Weight: 2185 kg
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Previously known as the CL-Klasse, the S65 AMG coupe is exactly what the title says: a coupe version of the impressive and extremely, luxuriously expensive S65 AMG sedan. Providing effortless straight-line performance and a host of clever suspension technologies, the S65 AMG coupe is a grand tourer through-and-through."​
01-2015-mercedes-benz-s65-amg-coupe-review-1.jpg

2015-mercedes-s65-amg-coupe-32.jpg

2015-mercedes-benz-s-class_100472592_l.jpg

mercedes-s65-amg-coupe_1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-S65_AMG_Coupe_2015_1280x960_wallpaper_5d.jpg

I've seen a few of these at the Brooklands Mercedes centre, and they really have a huge amount of presence. A big Diesel engine one would make an awesome trams Europe express, but the AMG version is utterly pointless

Uncool in any spec, seriously so with this engine.

21st century 600 SEC. And for a substantial German mass, I'd say it does look rather nifty in darker shades unlike the last proper S-Class coupe.

Low cool.

I remember when our company president got the first one in DFW. Got a speeding ticket within the first hour because he went to pass someone on the highway & ended up well into the triples. :dunce:

Solid cool just because their performance can be heavily underestimated.

621 horsepower sounds great until you realize the thing is nearly two and a half tons. Also, uglier that past-generation Merc coupes.

Uncool.

I'm just not a fan of how the S-Class coupes look; too much body, too little window. Would be sub-zero if we were talking about the sedan, but this is just meh.

I personally reckon it's one of the best looking grand touring cars on sale. Presence from every orifice, plenty of power and torque, classic AMG V12 and some clever tech that wasn't actually designed for cornering but still makes it corner very appreciably considering how much the thing weighs.

Not Sub-Zero because the grille is a little bit chintzy but still very very Cool.

Sat in an S500 today. It is a rather nice thing. I'm not sold on the exterior styling, it's a bit big and heavy looking without that much elegance, but the interior is stunning. Being a coupe it feels somewhat intimate, but there's acres of space and it's all top quality. It's the kind of interior that makes you more and more impressed the longer you spend in it.

Still, seriously uncool.

Why am I one of few people who thinks that this car oozes cool from every single place?

Sub-zero.

Because you're an overweight plutocrat who likes to wear salmon or mustard coloured trousers?

Because you're an overweight plutocrat who likes to wear salmon or mustard coloured trousers?

I'm a naïve teenage from a poor family with 2 Honda's and a Volkswagen who's pretty sure you're being sarcastic but at the same time isn't sure.

You are being sarcastic, right?

It looks reasonably good, but I honestly don't see the point of getting one of these over an E-Class coupe.

Also, AMG means they've compromised the ride for extra performance... not quite as badly as, say, with an SLR, but I honestly don't see the appeal of a barge that doesn't float like a barge... or a sports car that's to barge-like to be a sports car.

That said... I would be interested in driving one, even if it is seriously uncool.

I think it's a great looking car, it hides it's size really well, great interior - obviously a fantastic engine. But it isn't in any way cool. I've not seen anyone post a reason why it is cool. Plenty of reasons why it's 'good' but none to why they think it's cool. Just imagine what sort of person would actually drive one of these. Are they a cool person?

I'm a naïve teenage from a poor family with 2 Honda's and a Volkswagen who's pretty sure you're being sarcastic but at the same time isn't sure.

You are being sarcastic, right?

Right. ;) 👍

Back