Body Style: 2-door roadster
Engine: 3.8L flat-6
Power: 370 hp
Torque: 310 lb-ft
Weight: 1315 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
Developed alongside the Cayman GT4, this car is a little softer than the coupe, but it has a party trick: being able to remove it's hat for top down track-attacking!

Starting production in 2015, the Spyder features more sporty parts than a regular Boxster. These modifications include things like more power, track focused suspension, better brakes, an aggressive body kit and a more race oriented interior.

Able to lap the Nurburgring in 7:49, this little sports car is a performer considering it's base price of around $63,000 US.​

img_1839-jpg.615741

img_1841-jpg.615743

img_1842-jpg.615744

img_1843-jpg.615746

img_1844-jpg.615747

There is just a hint of Carerra GT with the top down. The top needs to stay off, it looks terrible.

I was rough on Cayman, but this car is Cool with the top down, SU with it up.

Not voting yet, I am torn.

Despite being a new Porsche, I had to give it a Cool. Looks better than the previous Boxster Spyder: it's quite the mini-CGT, really. Plus, great-sounding flat-six before the facelift gave it what amount to very expensive Subaru engines.

It'd be even cooler if the 'Ring time weren't in the description.

At least this generation fixed the old Spyder's biggest flaw by adopting an electric roof instead of one you had to put up yourself.

Still isn't cool though.

A Ford Transit van is able to lap the Nurburgring too. What's your point?

How often do you hear about said Transit Van's Nurburgring lap time? Now compare that to how often you hear about how fast a sports/super car can do it and there's your answer.

How often do you hear about said Transit Van's Nurburgring lap time? Now compare that to how often you hear about how fast a sports/super car can do it and there's your answer.

Plenty of cool supercars lap the 'ring, why is this one the only exception? The Boxster Spyder was not developed to be a track demon, it's actually quite a lot softer than the car it's based.

Plenty of cool supercars lap the 'ring, why is this one the only exception? The Boxster Spyder was not developed to be a track demon, it's actually quite a lot softer than the car it's based.

I don't think you're understanding why quoting ring times is uncool to some people. People like to use them as a way of arguing that certain cars are better even though Nurburgring times are extremely unoffical.

Plenty of cool supercars lap the 'ring, why is this one the only exception?

It's not the only exception.

I believe you'll find I have voted a few cars in the same manner because it's either their one and only claim to fame (see Aventador SV), or because the nominator (ie. yourself) finds that it's a cool talking point. Which it isn't.

Nurburgring times as of late have been the basis for teens who have never driven a car in their life to talk smack in the YouTube comments sections about why one car is better than another. Then there're the manufacturers who either modify their car in such a way that it's not really representative of a bog standard production or they make up some random record in order for them to just say they have a record. Porsche is also not exactly immune to the former, surprisingly.

I would have given it sub-zero but it's not quite fast enough to be a Porsche imo.

It's not the only exception.

I believe you'll find I have voted a few cars in the same manner because it's either their one and only claim to fame (see Aventador SV), or because the nominator (ie. yourself) finds that it's a cool talking point. Which it isn't.

Nurburgring times as of late have been the basis for teens who have never driven a car in their life to talk smack in the YouTube comments sections about why one car is better than another. Then there're the manufacturers who either modify their car in such a way that it's not really representative of a bog standard production or they make up some random record in order for them to just say they have a record. Porsche is also not exactly immune to the former, surprisingly.
Always base your opinion of a cars coolness off one single person on the internet quoting a lap time.

Yeah, that sounds good.

When a boxster rolls up next to you just tell your girlfriend, wife, or significant other that that car isn't cool because someone on GTplanet quoted it's lap time on a famous German racetrack, etc etc.
:lol:

A chick car to me, I've seen a few around town and they do make me stop and look and I think to myself "oh well". I went with meh because chick car uncool, porsche cool, made me look all excited just to let me down.

Probably a cool car but I just don't care for it. Forgot to say, the driver is always a bearded older man in a tweed jacket, not sure if that guy even knows what cool is or cares. Good on him ;)

Last edited:
Always base your opinion of a cars coolness off one single person on the internet quoting a lap time.

Yeah, that sounds good.

Almost as good as "it's not fast enough to be a Porsche."

When a boxster rolls up next to you just tell your girlfriend, wife, or significant other that that car isn't cool because someone on GTplanet quoted it's lap time on a famous German racetrack

:lol: Okay, you try and tell your significant other that this car is Cool based on the fact that it's recorded a 7:49 on the Nordschliefe. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Almost as good as "it's not fast enough to be a Porsche."

:lol: Okay, you try and tell your significant other that this car is Cool based on the fact that it's recorded a 7:49 on the Nordschliefe. Let me know how well that works out for you.
Difference.
If I say that's not cool because it's slow (yes an exaggeration) people hear and understand, regardless of agreement.

You saying it's not cool because this guy on the internet quoted a lap time....well try it out and see the looks you get, if people don't outright ignore it.

Humor me when or where anyone in this entire thread said it's cool because of it's lap time.
Seriously.
Find it. ;)

Difference.
If I say that's not cool because it's slow (yes an exaggeration) people hear and understand, regardless of agreement.

You saying it's not cool because this guy on the internet quoted a lap time....well try it out and see the looks you get, if people don't outright ignore it.

Humor me when or where anyone in this entire thread said it's cool because of it's lap time.
Seriously.
Find it. ;)

The Additional Information section is where you include facts to try and sway voters' opinions.

That @MrWaflz55 included the tidbit about the Nordschliefe in said section and proceeded to question why my original Cool vote was changed to an Uncool one according to that piece of information says it all.

As I said, my opinion is that the Nürburgring lap times in general hinder rather than help a car's Coolness rating, and so adding that into the add. info section is detrimental to its rating. And if you read back I'm not the only one.

Furthermore, you didn't say it was slow. You said it's "not quite quick enough to be a Porsche" which is quite perplexing considering that Porsches have traditionally been more about the sports car experience than performance... Oh. Wait a minute. ;)

I went with cool, would have been SZ, but it's just a little too quick to be a Boxster imo. To have an entry level name on a car that puts many super cars to shame...

The Boxster is going through the same process as the Miata. 10 years ago, first and second generation Mazda MX5/Miatas were absolutely, seriously, catastrophically uncool and only for hair stylists or gays. The Boxster is about 10 years younger than the Miata, but I think it's time is coming.

At least I hope so. :lol:

Back