2015-porsche-cayman-gt4-images-10.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 3.8L flat six
Power: 380 hp
Torque: 310 ft lbs
Weight: 1340 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: This harder, faster Cayman receives the engine from the 911 Carrera S and chassis technology from the GT3. The GT4 is only available with a manual gearbox following the controversy caused by the PDK being the only transmission option in the 991 GT3.​
porsche-cayman-gt4-0000.jpg

2016-porsche-cayman-gt4-side.jpg
red-Porsche-Cayman-GT4-0.jpg
dsc_2085.jpg

Damnit. It's brand new. It's a Porsche. It's from the Motorsport division. Despite this, it doesn't actually have a Motorsport engine, going BMW M's route of just using a variation on an existing engine. It attracts the "manuals only, on everything" community.

Despite this, I want one so, so badly. But more pertinently, of the few I've seen, they've elicited praise from the few different people I've been with at the time. Cool it is.

Doesn't have much of the same stigma that the 911 attracts and it's the driver's choice in a crowded sports car market, though I wouldn't actually buy one and would rather have a PDK-equipped GTS instead.

Still a low cool.

That's actually good looking for a Porsche. I would give it a SUBSB (seriously uncool because squashed beetle) rating, but it's nice looking and must be better than a 911 considering they won't fit the same engine as the motorsport styled 911 for fear of it being faster. I'll raise it to a cool rating as two fingers to the poor mans beetle(or what ever they say) crowd.

Liked the first generation Cayman's a little better. This one doesn't really do much for me, but it will certainly get me to do a double-take, which eliminates the "meh" vote on an otherwise meh kinda car.

Cool, but a low cool.

The Cayman should have been like this from the beginning, not afraid to be better than a 911. It's good looking, fast, fun. Honestly, I would buy this over a 911, this car is a pure sports car. I reckon it's cool and actually my girlfriend who hates Porsche likes this Cayman.

It's a brand new car.

A brand new Porsche.

Should be seriously uncool, but it's not a 911.

Better yet, it actually has a name.

Cayman.

-

Mild cool. Mid-engined sportscar. 10% less likely to be purchased by snobs than the 911.

The Cayman has matured into a fine looking car now since it first came out and with this one given the engine from a 911 and a proper manual. Cool.

The Manual-Elitists wet-dream edition of the feminine version of the mid-life crisis-mobile that is the super-beetle.

But it's not a convertible, so it's got that going for it.

Uncool.

Wonderful car to drive by all accounts (won EVO's car of the year, ahead of the 650LT and 991GT3RS), and to my eyes, looks fabulous.

I'd love to own one, but it's not a cool car.

Avoids most of the overhyping that usually follows 911s wherever they go, and as others have stated before me, it also avoids most of the snobs that pass as 911 owners. Porsche could have just simply avoided creating such a Cayman, to protect their main star (again, the 911) in face of range battles, but they didn't.

Earns a low cool due to avoiding the PDK stigma that has taken the rest of Porsche's performance range by storm, although owners will still probably be overly obessed, badge-oriented snobs...

I absolutely love this, that rear end is beautiful. Although I voted Sub-Zero in a giddy schoolgirl "Oh may gawd I lav it!" way before realising that people will still think you're Uncool because it's a Porsche.

I've seen quite a few over the past few months, even got to sit in one(sadly there isn't enough legroom for me :( ). Irregardless, I love the car.

2015-12-11_03-43-18.jpg

Wonderful car to drive by all accounts (won EVO's car of the year, ahead of the 650LT and 991GT3RS), and to my eyes, looks fabulous.

I'd love to own one, but it's not a cool car.

As someone who is perpetually behind on the issues, being across the pond and all...

Spoiler alert! :(

Back