Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
VuI_01-newshero.jpg

aston-martin-vulcan-5-1500x1000.jpg

Aston-Martin-Vulcan-Live-Geneva-2015-08.jpg

Aston-Vulcan-Rear-elevated-1940x1127.jpg

aston-martin-vulcan_11-1500x1000.jpg

Millionaire track toy for the 1% with rear lights from a car that doesn't even exist.

SU.

I don't get what Aston are doing. Give us some new cars that don't all look like the DB9 instead of farting around with projects like this. They don't seem to be aware of the existence of a "middle ground". Uncool.

Give us some new cars that don't all look like the DB9

Well...

13-Vulcan-front-2_3354661k.jpg

Not exactly a design success, but at least it doesn't blend into the sea of modern Astons that share a common design. So points for boldness.

Does that alone make up for the likelihood that it's little more than an awkward-looking track day dream machine you won't get a good look at unless you happened to see one on a plinth while waltzing through the lobby of AM HQ in the near future? Welllll...

Uncool.

I don't get what Aston are doing. Give us some new cars that don't all look like the DB9 instead of farting around with projects like this. They don't seem to be aware of the existence of a "middle ground". Uncool.

From what I've read, this was a business move. Release some bonkers collector vehicle with relatively minimal investment needed, and collect money from the people who want it, to fund other projects.

Business is uncool. The car looks evil, but as it occupies the same middle-ground as the non-race-non-road Zonda R or FXX, it gets an SU from me.

Well...

View attachment 440417

Not exactly a design success, but at least it doesn't blend into the sea of modern Astons that share a common design. So points for boldness.

Does that alone make up for the likelihood that it's little more than an awkward-looking track day dream machine you won't get a good look at unless you happened to see one on a plinth while waltzing through the lobby of AM HQ in the near future? Welllll...

Uncool.

Yeah in fairness I wasn't very clear, I meant something new in their larger production range rather than cars at the extreme far end of the hypercar/exclusivity scale, and zip in between. That said, I do realise it must make some sort of business sense. I wonder how the "new" Lagonda would do if the target market was widened a little? Badly I reckon, which is a shame as I quite liked it, but I can see how it might divide opinion :)

As much of a millionaire play thing it is, it should be uncool, but it's called the Vulcan and I think that's cool.

The car is cool, it probably goes ultra fast, it's got radical styling, but that's the issue.
It's an Aston Martin
It's supposed to be Beautiful
This car is Radical
It's not an Aston Martin to me... But it's cool

Not road legal, but too loud to use on most race tracks... very clever :rolleyes:

Plus matt black paint is soooo done to death, and the blue accents are soooo fast and furious.

Summary... Pointless/useless toy for the mega rich that will simply sit in a collection and never get driven.

Seriously, seriously uncool.

It looks OK, but since it isn't street legal and the fact that you'll hardly ever get to drive it really brings it down for me.

Seriously Uncool.

It looks OK, but since it isn't street legal and the fact that you'll hardly ever get to drive it really brings it down for me.

Seriously Uncool.
Just like the Zonda R, completely unpractical in every way besides statistics, looks and the Extremely rare chance to drive the thing

Meh. I don't particularly care for Aston Martins in general. I feel like this car should excite me, but it just doesn't, just like every other Aston Martin.

Latest Posts

Back