1180 lb-ft
Weight: 1996 kg
Transmission: 7-speed double-clutch automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, all wheel drive​

5bugattichironcarouselbrmarch2016.jpg

2017-Bugatti-Chiron-interior.jpg

8.jpg

bugatti-chiron-2017-%2814%29.jpg

Since this isn't even for sale yet (though half of the entire production run has already been ordered) and - given that it's still undergoing final testing and evaluation - isn't even being built yet, what would the point of it being on the cool wall?

Oh, where to start with this abomination?

First of all, it's a supercar. Before you go on about my username mentioning a renown supercar maker, while I do like a lot of supercars, they are too ostentanious and too much of a bee-line for A-listers for my liking, which to me isn't very cool.

Next, it's a hypercar. Same story, more performance.

Then, it's a Bugatti. Depending on the friends you have and how much you follow pop culture, "Bugatti" when it's brought up will get someone's attention, whether it's positive or negative, not to mention that at least this and the Veyron can be likened to yachts compared to supercars due to their heavy weight.

It is a sequel, if you will, to the Veyron. As a lot of people, but not everybody, would say the first movie in a series is better than the sequel, the same applies here. Other personal examples to my logic would be the F40 resulting to the F50; I like the F50, but it was also the start of Ferrari's wacky ownership policy, or the F1 becoming the basis of the sheikh-laden P1, while others like the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, and other American cars of the 60's becoming "worse" because of the oil crisis and emissions regulations. While that might not necessarily be less cool, to me that does make a difference.

My next reason might be questionable: I personally find it as a Forza "wishlist car." If you don't get what I mean, it is one of the most requested cars among most Forza-related material. I used the official wishlist thread on FM.net and used this TLDR version as reference, along with comments on Forza-related content on Facebook and YouTube, where I thought the whining for cars like the Chiron was more pronounced. Of course, this isn't the most accurate representation of what the vocal majority of Forza fans want, and also note that this is Forza, not Gran Turismo, so the "wishlist cars" for both franchises will be different depending on the fanbases and what cars are and are not in the games.

Seriously uncool. Not Devel/Youabian/Covini levels of uncoolness, but still very, very uncool.

I am not going to respond to any further responses questioning my reasons, as I don't want to stir up a debate.

Oh, where to start with this abomination?

First of all, it's a supercar. Before you go on about my username mentioning a renown supercar maker, while I do like a lot of supercars, they are too ostentanious and too much of a bee-line for A-listers for my liking, which to me isn't very cool.

Next, it's a hypercar. Same story, more performance.

Then, it's a Bugatti. Depending on the friends you have and how much you follow pop culture, "Bugatti" when it's brought up will get someone's attention, whether it's positive or negative, not to mention that at least this and the Veyron can be likened to yachts compared to supercars due to their heavy weight.

It is a sequel, if you will, to the Veyron. As a lot of people, but not everybody, would say the first movie in a series is better than the sequel, the same applies here. Other personal examples to my logic would be the F40 resulting to the F50; I like the F50, but it was also the start of Ferrari's wacky ownership policy, or the F1 becoming the basis of the sheikh-laden P1, while others like the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, and other American cars of the 60's becoming "worse" because of the oil crisis and emissions regulations. While that might not necessarily be less cool, to me that does make a difference.
Only on an internet forum will you find people calling a $2.5 million feat of engineering an abomination, jesus christ.
And it isn't even being built yet.

Only on an internet forum will you find people calling a $2.5 million feat of engineering an abomination, jesus christ.

The same sort of people who think every automatic car is worthless, technology is making cars worse and so on. :rolleyes:

@FerrariF1GT, you liking a car or disliking a car has no factorization in it being cool. As has been said for year, this isn't the "Like Wall"

Also, though you may or may not respond. Why post in one of the many cool walls where debates unfold almost in every one of them?

The Veyron was once considered the ultimate example of modern automotive engineering. The Chiron looks as though it'll go beyond that, and then some.

Only cool as it's still quite clinical.

The hipster attitude is alive here. There's a reason Ace Hood didn't rap about a Koenigsegg, Koenigsegg's are better engineered, but Bugatti's are cooler

It improves upon its predecessor in nearly every way. It fixes the issues with design and gets even faster in the process. Bugatti has cemented its place on top of the supercar food chain for at least another half a decade. Cool.

@FerrariF1GT, you liking a car or disliking a car has no factorization in it being cool. As has been said for year, this isn't the "Like Wall"
I'm not saying @FerrariF1GT's logic is correct, but I honestly never understood the "this isn't a like wall" logic. Can't people come up with their own criteria for "coolness"? There's no rules anywhere that say that you liking the car or not is not a factor in the way you should vote.

Way too heavy, way too much power, and probably not the greatest performance.

Seriously Uncool.

Probably performs like ass on the track.

Is somehow heavier than its predecessor.

Still isn't the best looking thing in the world (despite looking better than the Veyron).

But the sheer engineering that went into creating this is good enough for me to give it an SZ.

No matter how fast, well-engineered, and well-built the Chiron is, it will never run away from it's Veyron legacy. Want a truly SZ Bugatti? Look at the Atlantic.

SU.

It looks angry. I like that.

Oh, and the whole hypercar, fastest-car-in-the-known-universe stuff doesn't bother me. If anything, it helps. I don't want a car to look like the Chiron and then have a 0.8 litre engine and a top speed of 80mph. I want to be obnoxiously fast. If anything, give it lasers, cannons and a B list rapper in the passenger seat at all times.

So yeah, 🤬 it, it's cool.

Gives new meaning to the derogatory term "four-eyes." Here we have a car that has eight of the suckers.

Other than that it's a sequel to the Veyron that hasn't been made yet and has very big shoes to fill.

Technologically, it oozes badassness.

Appearance-wise, it oozes ostentatiousness.

Tie breaker - I'd have to explain why it's cool to my mom, thereby making it uncool.

Back