Weight: 1405 kg
Transmission: 1-speed fixed gear
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive​

Citroen-e-mehari-3_waifu2x_photo_noise1_scale_tta_1.png
S0-Presentation-video-Citroen-E-Mehari-vamos-a-la-playa-367982.jpg
S0-essai-video-citroen-e-mehari-plus-qu-une-simple-voiture-de-plage-374631.jpg
S0-Presentation-video-Citroen-E-Mehari-vamos-a-la-playa-367981.jpg

577.gif

This is a revival of the Citroen Mehari that is about, if not even more poorly executed than both the Acura NSX revival and PPG 2016. Seriously Uncool.

Compared to the John Deere UTVs that are all the rage these days, this thing is just hopeless. Street legal, but with the price difference you could buy a used truck and a trailer.

Has Europe caught on to UTVs? Just curious. Maybe this is a symptom of it.

Famine owns a Citroen.

A Citroen is on Jordan's avatar.

Administrators must be treated with high regard.

It's also an electric car.

Therefore, the Citroen E-Mehari is a sub-zero to me.

I love Citroën, I really do. I just hate this one.

Seriously Uncool

Ignoring the powertrain, I suppose it's more comparable to the original Méhari than the Cactus M concept revealed a few months earlier.

The one crucial downside is that the M Concept didn't really look like the sort of beach cabrio people would, you know, die of embarrassment 5 minutes after getting into one. And neither did the original, as unsophisticated as it was. These days it's a fun and increasingly interesting classic which never took styling seriously.

This thing amounts to little more than a Bluesummer EV with a modified Cactus face mask in an attempt to look like one of the cooler current Citroen models while reviving an old name. In the end, we got something as graceful as a bowl of tripe thrown into the Mediterranean.

Seriously Uncool.

According to what I've read it's not exactly a nice car to drive in any way shape or form. And the interior, specifically the steering wheel, is hilariously bad for a major car manufacturer.

However this is the Cool Wall not the Objectively Good Wall and from the moment I first saw one I've been under the impression that this is sort of cool in the 'I don't take myself too seriously' way. Admittedly it isn't only because of how cool I think it is but also the fact it isn't particularly good at being an everyday car but I genuinely can't imagine one being driven by say, salesman who happens to be late from a meeting.

Okay, the body style gives me a modern Jeep Wrangler vibe, but the back makes me think of Smart. 2 things that are certainly not cool in my book. It also looks worse than a Jeep Wrangler on the front. Yeah, it's seriously uncool. It's really that uncool.

Trying way too hard, which is something I'd never say of the original Mehari.

SU.

It's only a Citroen in the loosest sense of the word - it's a badge engineering job on a Bollore Bluesummer.

I'm a big fan of Citroen and its general weirdness, and the idea of a small, fun, open top EV really appeals to me. But the execution of the e-Mehari looks terrible (and apparently feels so from behind the wheel too). SU.

EDIT: @Wiegert already pretty much summed up the point I was trying to make.

Back