2017-fiat-124-spider-28_1600x0w.jpg

Body Style: 2-door roadster
Engine: Fiat MultiAir 1.4L turbocharged I4
Power: 161 hp
Torque: 184 lb-ft
Weight: 1105 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Part of a collaborative project with Mazda, the new FIAT 124 Spider is the Italians' interpretation - using mostly components from the latest ND MX-5, but with new front and rear styling, and with FIAT's MultiAir turbocharged engine as seen in various FIAT, Alfa Romeo and Abarth vehicles. This is the first time this engine has been used in a rear-wheel-drive configuration. The FIAT 124 Spider weighs 72kg more than the 2.0L version of the MX-5, but this is equalled out with higher torque and power outputs that are also produced lower in the rev range.​
2017-Fiat-124-Spider-Widescreen-1920x1080.jpg
Fiat-124-Spider-2016-5.jpg
FT017_014SPi6o1fqmplm4mljmo8at3s9fq1u.0.jpg
17_FIAT_SPIDER_012_58549.jpg

The only good looking part is the rear, otherwise it's ugly as all hell.

Uncool.

It's quite called the spider for a reason. The front, reminds em of one. Brr.

Other than that...I don't think it looks that bad...If the front wasn't so damn terifying, would of earned Sub-Zero. Low Cool.

Has this even been driven by anyone not in the employment of Fiat as yet?

Judging it purely on its esthetics, it's not quite as pert as its MX5 sister, but I can see why Fiat has gone down that well worn retro route. The 500 has obviously much improved their fortunes of late, so going retro with this has to be the way to go. Whether it 'works' or not I couldn't really say until seen in the wild. Meh.

Really lovely looking, except for the rear lights; they look like big, chunky lipstick circles.

Is this even available to the public yet?

It's basically a hideous, overstyled ND Miata that is also more expensive, weighs more, and actually has less horsepower. Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
As someone that really doesn't like Fiat, I actually like the looks of this car. To me, this is seriously the best looking current Fiat. Looks better than the ND Miata it borrows parts from. Shame they're not using a more reliable engine though.

Cool.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the current Miata produce 167 horsepower? The Fiat has 161...

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the current Miata produce 167 horsepower? The Fiat has 161...
The previous Miata made 167hp. The current one makes 129-155hp depending on where you live and how much money you feel like spending. Both of those engines make less torque than the Fiat engine.

The front might take some getting used to but when they first revealed the new 124 I saw glimpses of Viper in its proportions and also the rear end.

I find it not necessarily better looking than its sister but a good-looking car in its own right.

Since all the specifications have been released for it all signs point to it being a fun thing being that it's a torquier (but marginally porkier) MX-5.

Cool.

Although I prefer the ND MX-5, and in my opinion I find the Mazda cooler, I can't say that I dislike this one. Going retro isn't always the coolest of decisions, but since it saved Fiat, maybe it's the way to go. I really can't decide, it will be a rare occasion where my vote swings to Meh

Fiat: We like the Miata. I think we should call up Mazda and strike a deal to make it uglier.
Fiat Yes Men: Sounds like a great idea. But let us make it heavier too and give it more torques. That should make the ride worse, and truly make the world think we didn't buy the Miata.
Fiat: Lets give you a raise!

I think this looks really great. And the bit of extra weight I can live with. When was the last time there was a somewhat affordable Italian RWD sports car?

Cool for radically improving upon the underbaked design of the ND Miata, adding another sub-2500lbs. RWD car to the pool, and carrying the tradition of Italian spiders. Not SZ because it isn't a bespoke model.

The ND was underwhelming beside its admirable weight and size, so the way this turned out is a surprise.

I think this looks really great. And the bit of extra weight I can live with. When was the last time there was a somewhat affordable Italian RWD sports car?

Alfa 4C.

Back