United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016+ Ford Focus RS nominated by @AudiMan2011

ford-rs_15.jpg

Body Style:
5-door hatchback
Engine: 2.3L turbocharged I4
Power: 345 hp
Torque: 325 ft-lbs (347 ft-lbs with 15 sec overboost)
Weight: 1599 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all wheel drive
Additional Information:
Ford's 3rd generation Focus RS is the first production Focus to get an adaptive AWD system. The AWD can send up to 70% of the engine's power to the rear wheels and the torque vectoring can put up to 100% of the power to either side. The engine itself is a tuned variant of what is shown in the Ecoboost Mustang. The RS comes with 4 driving modes: Normal, Sport, Track and Drift.​

Ford-Focus_RS-2016-1024-5a.jpg
FW.jpg
23673-1468437430-ford-focus-rs-2016-modelnogo-goda-pochti-sravnilsya-po-cene-s-mustang-gt.jpg
Ford-Focus_RS-2016-1024-76.jpg
ford_focus_rs_118.jpg

Probably the ugliest, most poorly made hot hatch out there + it attracts the sort of people who think "drift mode" sounds cool.

SU.

If ever there was a car created solely to sate the urges of the wealthier than average bell-end, 2016 delivered.

Seriously Uncool.

Developed by a guy known for hooning with a mode that encourages hooning.

Uncool.

SZ from me, it's a car that shows Ford is trying to get to the top of the hill not just in the U.S. but the world over. It's impressive for what it does, straight from the factory and looks great in a modern day package. Sure the SZ may be a bit hyperbole, but if not SZ a high cool from me.

It seems like a surprising amount of people on these forums seem to think that only one type of person is allowed to drive a specific car.

You might as well name names, because otherwise being this passive aggressive doesn't mean anything.

You might as well name names, because otherwise being this passive aggressive doesn't mean anything.

Im not being passive aggressive towards anyone, I'm just saying that it's a shame that people judge cars based on the people who drive them.

It's a nice car and whatnot, but I can't think of seeing anyone getting out of that car without their cap on backwards.

Uncool.

Yes. It doesn't touch me in any way. Performance is impressive but I think I would rather have more fun in Megane Trophy R or Golf R. It's very ugly comparing to it's previous iterations. Nothing can make it cool.

I bet if it had a Jaguar badge your opinion would be completely different but that's none of my business

Jaguar XE and XF in all versions today besides S and 35t ones are just so beige that they're SU. And don't get me started on X Type and many wierd decisions Jaguar made.

For more clean designs see these
maxresdefault.jpg

Focus-RS-Buying-Guide-Tuning-00.jpg

Yes. It doesn't touch me in any way. Performance is impressive but I think I would rather have more fun in Megane Trophy R or Golf R. It's very ugly comparing to it's previous iterations. Nothing can make it cool.

Jaguar XE and XF in all versions today besides S and 35t ones are just so beige that they're SU. And don't get me started on X Type and many wierd decisions Jaguar made.

For more clean designs see these
maxresdefault.jpg

Focus-RS-Buying-Guide-Tuning-00.jpg

> Clean design
> Picture of Focus RS 2nd Gen

Què?

Ugly doesn't mean the same thing as boring.

Sometimes when I read your Cool Wall posts, I wonder where you get your logic from.

Personal bias many times, that of course people aren't willing to share. The few that are actually notable reads on here to me are judging as impartially as possible I feel even if their view doesn't align with mine.

I like this car a lot, but it's not cool, because at the end of the day a lot of people will just see it as a really expensive Ford Focus and it's got a drift mode button which will be (and has been) used by people who have no idea what they're doing.

Ugly doesn't mean the same thing as boring.

Sometimes when I read your Cool Wall posts, I wonder where you get your logic from.
Ugly in Prius way. Boring ugly. Rear could have been better.

Personal bias many times, that of course people aren't willing to share. The few that are actually notable reads on here to me are judging as impartially as possible I feel even if their view doesn't align with mine.

I don't like the car, is that bias? A general question. I need to stop posting opinions... on opinions thread? Or even stop voting? Thousands of people saying SUBRC, or "trashy kids drive this car so SU" are unbiased opinions?

On a thread that calculates coolness, bias is less relevant. It basically becomes taste. You can't stop subrc logic on threads that measure taste. However if this thread was about quality and performance and other stuff that is touchable, not coolness, bias shouldn't be present.

Coolness is something different for each person. Each person has individual criteria for it.

The ST in grey approaches a cool for me. Personally I'd have it in Tangerine Scram and be uncool as hell.

As for the RS, I'd only consider it in the blue and I'm fine with that. It ain't cool though.

UC.

I'd call it cool, because it's what I'd want out of a car: A good mix of practicality and performance. But...Drift Mode and Ken Block.

Meh

Back