Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016+ Jaguar F-Pace nominated by @AudiMan2011

redfpace-001.jpg

Body Style:
5-door SUV
Engines:(Petrol); 3.0L supercharged V6, (Diesel); 2.0L turbocharged inline-4, 3.0L twin turbocharged V6
Power: 178-375 hp
Torque: 318-516 ft-lbs
Weight: 1665-1884 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive; front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information:
The F-Pace marks Jaguar's first SUV and aims to take on the might of the Porsche Macan by offering sports car dynamics in an SUV body. The F-Pace gains the new Ingenium diesel engine from the XE as well as chassis technology and the supercharged V6 from the F-Type.​

jag-f-pace-rt-2016-317.jpg

2017_jaguar_f-pace_s_17_2560x1440.jpg
F-Pace_5.jpg
FPace-cabin.jpg

Because of these we won't see another wonderful D-Type or XJS or XJ220. No, F Type isn't a true successor to neither.
But it probably will give Jaguar lots of money and brand won't fade out.

Just meh. Comparing to its :ill: competition

Because of these we won't see another wonderful D-Type or XJS or XJ220. No, F Type isn't a true successor to neither.

Just meh.

Yeah, when Porsche introduced the Cayenne, it definitely put an end to halo hypercars from the brand.

Oh, wait...

...right ok

I wasn't sure about the F-Pace for a kick-off until I had a good look round it at Ignition and I'm starting to sort of come around to the way it looks. That high belt-line doesn't do much good for rear visibility and the V6 petrol engine is rather pointless.

Meh.

That article talks about an XK replacement, that's all. It also doesn't place the blame on the F-Pace; that was your doing.

Not that it's the F-Pace's fault: it's a response to the market. I'd rather lament the existence of a Jaguar crossover than the death of the brand. Which is what would probably happen if they focused on loss-leaders like an XK replacement or new hypercar. Because as we all know, the XJ220 was a tremendous success.

That article talks about an XK replacement, that's all. It also doesn't place the blame on the F-Pace; that was your doing.

Not that it's the F-Pace's fault: it's a response to the market. I'd rather lament the existence of a Jaguar crossover than the death of the brand. Which is what would probably happen if they focused on loss-leaders like an XK replacement or new hypercar. Because as we all know, the XJ220 was a tremendous success.

Second paragraph basically summarizes why this got meh instead of SU. But Jaguar shouldn't forget why it became successful!

The only uncool thing about this car for me is that you can't get the diesel six in North America. I just hope they make an SVR version.

Yeah, when Porsche introduced the Cayenne, it definitely put an end to halo hypercars from the brand.

Oh, wait...

And Lamborghini is working on one too, aren't they?

These cars are only cool after the styling dates a bit and you can pick up a nicely specced one up second hand for under $10k (see: first generation X5, Touareg, Cayenne).

Like the Audi TT and the recently-polled Evoque convertible, I feel like this is going to be uncool to us car folks, meh to some, but cool to a significant portion of people. Even if we consider those people uncool. Hmmm.

F-Paces have sprung up all over the place where I live. It's like I've entered a new part of town in a GTA game and suddenly these - and Range Rovers - are the only SUV/4x4s to be found.

It's not been on sale that long and I've already seen plenty on the road, it will probably sell really well but it's just another big SUV that looks mildly different to the others on sale. The only real difference being this one has a Jaguar badge.

When people get over seeing a Jaguar SUV for the first time it will just blend in, I won't be giving it a second glance anyway. Uncool.

Kinda relieved by how well it turned out in terms of translating Jaguar styling onto an SUV body. Even the F-Type arse isn't as off-putting as it ought to be. The high belt line also makes it look a lot larger than it really is.

Roo
F-Paces have sprung up all over the place where I live. It's like I've entered a new part of town in a GTA game and suddenly these - and Range Rovers - are the only SUV/4x4s to be found.

I thought seeing so many here was down to living so close to JLR's engine plant. Turns out they're really on their way to becoming the national default exec SUV for the next decade. Not being so stylistically challenged must help a ton.

Being the face of the school run isn't a cool privilege, though.

Last edited:
At least it isn't a transverse-engined crossover.

-

Still uncool, though. Still a crossover. Even though it's probably a more dynamic, more interesting drive than a Land Rover Evoque or any number of tall wagons with pricey nameplates, it's still just a crossover.

Second paragraph basically summarizes why this got meh instead of SU. But Jaguar shouldn't forget why it became successful!

Define successful? I imagine they made more money on XJs than they ever did on the sports cars.

The rear end is not good, more should have been done instead of copy-pasting. Too bad, I was going to vote Cool...

VXR
Define successful? I imagine they made more money on XJs than they ever did on the sports cars.
Well, without XKSS, E Type, D-Type, XJR13, XJ-S, XK120 and so on Jaguar would just be another luxury make. They made Jaguar truly famous and special. If it weren't for them, Jaguar probably either would't exist, or it would make different vehicles, probably cars like Hyundai or Opel.

Meh. It looks good, especially for an SUV, but it blends in too much with it's competition and it wasn't really necessary for Jaguar to make.

Well, without XKSS, E Type, D-Type, XJR13, XJ-S, XK120 and so on Jaguar would just be another luxury make. They made Jaguar truly famous and special. If it weren't for them, Jaguar probably either would't exist, or it would make different vehicles, probably cars like Hyundai or Opel.

Even with those few cars, Jaguar is still known as a luxury make.

You're not making much sense.

Cars like the Mark 10 and its ilk were always ministerial cars, so the Jaguar saloon car range already had prestige. If anything, their current range is as close to the mainstream offerings from the likes of Hyundai, because of the broader luxury-tech proliferation.

Because of these we won't see another wonderful D-Type or XJS or XJ220.
The E-type was why we won't see another D-type--assuming Jaguar continues to stick to the alphabet's order and not jump on the retro moneygrab bandwagon by releasing a new model with the old moniker.
One could argue that the F-type is the new XK, as the E-type moniker was used on cars in one area that were sold as XKEs elsewhere.

Latest Posts

Back