Body Style:
2-door targa-top
Engine: 5.0L twin turbocharged V8 + 3 electric motors
Power: 1,500 hp combined
Torque: 1,475 ft-lbs
Weight: 1470 kg
Transmission: Single-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: Mid-engined, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: Swedish for "To Reign", the Koenigsegg Regera combines an 1,100hp V8 with 700hp worth of electric motor power. Differing max power peaks mean total combined power stands at 1,500hp rather than 1,800hp. The Regera's party trick lies with it's radical Koenigsegg Direct Drive (KDD) system, completely removing the traditional gearbox and replaces it with a complicated hydraulic clutch-slip mechanism for more efficient power delivery whilst reducing energy losses compared to other transmissions. The Regera is billed as a more luxurious alternative to the hardcore Agera. Only 80 will be made, and all are sold out.​

Koenigsegg-Regera-red-1.jpg
Exclusive pictures of Koenigsegg Regera, a limited production, plug-in hybrid hypercar (8).jpg
koenigseggregeragrgeneva2017-2.jpg
Koenigsegg-Regera-prototype-rear-three-quarter-in-motion-02.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-3.jpg

Whilst it's not what you'd call your default "go to super car", it's hardly an unknown breed, after all Koenigsegg have made quite a name for themselves as a manufacturer of hyper and super cars.

Although at the end of the day, I think the majority of all super cars are uncool, let alone modern ones (there are certain exceptions IMO), and the Regera is sort of no different really, as at the end of the day it's just another rather swanky looking, "gazillion" horsepower, turbocharged V8 super car.

With that said, I do like Koenigsegg as a brand, and the Regera's single-speed direct drive is really rather unique, and impressive on an engineering standpoint. So with that, it just about drags itself up to a "Meh".

Somehow, IMO, this looks worse than the One: 1. (Even though that car is the definition of tacky, maybe because the Regera looks like it's melting.)

Koenigseggs haven't been cool since the CCX IMO.

And to be honest I'd probably agree with you on that. As whilst I said I like Koenigsegg as a brand (which I still do), I haven't really taken much interest in any of their models since the original CCX. Compared to what they've created since, it just seems much cooler than what it already is in my opinion.

And the Regera just seems like another generic uber-fast, modern day super car really. Had it not been primarily for it's unique single-speed system, I'd be voting at least uncool.

I said "what" because it's dumb but thanks for letting me know something I knew already
No, what's "dumb" is referring to opinions that run counter to your own as "dumb." What's "dumb" is uttering a single word as if plucked from the middle of a sentence, lacking capitalization and punctuation just as a word plucked from the middle of a sentence would, and getting indignant when someone offers a response to what they thought motivated that single word. So let me fix that for you:
I understand what you meant but I disagree with your opinion.

...Seriously?
Yes, hence
and
Seriously Uncool Because Hyper Car.

Last edited:
No, what's "dumb" is referring to opinions that run counter to your own as "dumb." What's "dumb" is uttering a single word as if plucked from the middle of a sentence, lacking capitalization and punctuation just as a word plucked from the middle of a sentence would, and getting indignant when someone offers a response to what they thought motivated that single word. So let me fix that for you:

Yes, hence

and

a) I think I know what I said

b) What's the point of using the famous 5 letter abbreviation when you don't even expand on why the car is uncool? "It's amazing what kind of technology they've used to create this car but I can't drive one so it's SU"

"It's amazing what kind of technology they've used to create this car but I can't drive one so it's SU"
Now I'll admit that I really don't know a great deal about the car because I've not bothered to look into what doesn't interest me, but I doubt there's anything at play that isn't utilized in the manufacture of nearly every other car on the road. Know what I think is cool? The individuals that ventured to create technology that didn't exist in order to put cars on the road in the first place.

I'll admit I was intrigued by the Koenigsegg story initially, but now that book is just being written over and over and over and over and over again, and it goes something like this: "Ve make cars zat people lust ofer, but ve make so few and charge so much zat only ze obscenely rich can afford zem and zen show zem off because zey were ze lucky ones who got to buy zem."

Massive horsepower, massive tires, massive aerodynamics, massive sticker price and massive ego.

tumblr_inline_mhemb7qvtz1qz4rgp.gif

Seriously Uncool because Hypercar. 'nuff said.
The only cool Koenigsegg is the CCX.

Fun Fact: If you translate it correctly it means Koenig's Ass in Hungarian.

Compared to many other "hypercars" these days, this one (and Koenigseggs in general) is a tad cooler. So this one is just Uncool rather than Seriously Uncool. :lol:

Am I the only one who watched the videos with Christian in it???

My favorite one was with him explaining the door. My god that was legit business going on there. Everything about this thing is cool.

I'll admit I was intrigued by the Koenigsegg story initially, but now that book is just being written over and over and over and over and over again

Exactly this for me too.

As I elluded to a few posts ago above, I was initally fascinated by Koenigsegg and the CCX for being just that bit more different and bonkers, but not over excessive like they all seem to have become. Hence the following:

Massive horsepower, massive tires, massive aerodynamics, massive sticker price and massive ego.

That's what all current Koenigseggs seem to have become. Though it could be that the CCX was the first, and thus the best because of it's initial originality.

Basically every 21st century supercar is SU by default. This one is no exception.
Ok I hate to ask you again, but would you mind elaborating? I can agree to an extent because of the people who like them but what would make them SU by default?

On second thought, the cars themselves are cool and as car enthusiasts we should appreciate the engineering and technology behind them. They're the best a car can be, right? I think the uncool part is the ludicrous price tag and the fact that only wealthy jerks who don't care about the performance buy them to show off. Hypercars aren't cool or uncool. Just meh.

"Ve make cars zat people lust ofer, but ve make so few and charge so much zat only ze obscenely rich can afford zem and zen show zem off because zey were ze lucky ones who got to buy zem."
Koenigsegg is a Swedish manufacturer, right? They don't talk with an accent like that. That sounds more like a German accent to me.

As a Swede I can confirm that the average guy on the street speaks with an accent more like this;

Koenigsegg is a Swedish manufacturer, right? They don't talk with an accent like that. That sounds more like a German accent to me.
Fair enough--I was thinking of könig as the German word for "king" and ran with that. :P

How to turn hybrid technology up to ridiculously extreme levels. The direct drive system may be complex but the sheer ridiculousness of a 1,500hp mega-hybrid is so cool.

SZ.

^ I'd vote the same, but I can't get over how it looks like someone grafted a Ferrari front clip onto a Koenigsegg - like something I'd expect to see in a Burnout or Grand Theft Auto game. Just gets a Cool from me.

The rest of you are jealous peasants :P.

Back